Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking at the table

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
Is anyone else still finding it hard to let go of that farcical officiating and VAR display against spurs last month and the ridiculous decision against Palace? Every time I look at the league table I can't help but imagine the extra points we should deservedly have, which would put us right in the mix on 57 points with games in hand over all of those around us. As things stand, top 4 is looking out of our reach and there's a chance we could miss out on Europe all together.

We have dominated many games this season and not got the rub of the green but that's football and we accept it. I understand that decisions don't always go your way and some say these things even themselves out in the end but these decisions goes way beyond that, this was daylight robbery of the highest order and still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Imagine if, come the end of the season, we were to lose out on top 4 or even European football by a handful of points. The potential ramifications for the club, both from a footballing sense and also financially are astronomical and what have we got to show for them? 3 worthless apologies from the PGMOL.

I know I need to move on but I'm having a really hard time doing so. Anyone else with me or do I need to just get over it?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wait and see how the table looks at the end of the season. One piece of bad luck with VAR can be written off as just "normal" bad luck and thus discounted.

If we finish below but within within only 3 points of 4th (or 7th) then that will be the time for sleepless nights and permanent misery about the injustice. This outcome is quite unlikely.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
There's no use in focussing on the injustice now, the team and us fans just have to use it as extra motivation for the run in and reflect at the end of the season if it ends up costing us. We're right in the mix still but we've got some very tough fixtures. Having Ferguson back for the game on Thursday would be a big boost.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nope still not moved on from the Spurs game which we actually won, just had chalked off in one of the worst officiated games of all time. We are below Spurs because of that.

Not so fussed about the other games, even with the VAR error we should have beaten Palace, Sanchez gifted the equaliser and we missed enough opportunities for the officiating not to have been a factor.

The Spurs game though, literally nothing more we could have done. We scored three times and were fouled three times in the box. That will cost us some money at the end of the season and has put paid to any unlikely top 4 hopes.

Still FUMING

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Funny enough, me and a work colleague were discussing refs being incompetent and I said I just can't let go of the spurs game, and if we miss out on Europe altogether because of a couple of points I'll be even more angry.
But what can you realistically do about it other than piss and moan on NSC? Not a thing.
I should be emotionally mature enough to let it go but clearly I'm not, so I'll just keep stamping my feet until the end of the season and hope it all works out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately you need to look at the bigger picture.
The team has dropped plenty of their own points, without mithering on only about the ones we were cheated out of.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nope still not moved on from the Spurs game which we actually won, just had chalked off in one of the worst officiated games of all time. We are below Spurs because of that.

Not so fussed about the other games, even with the VAR error we should have beaten Palace, Sanchez gifted the equaliser and we missed enough opportunities for the officiating not to have been a factor.

The Spurs game though, literally nothing more we could have done. We scored three times and were fouled three times in the box. That will cost us some money at the end of the season and has put paid to any unlikely top 4 hopes.

Still FUMING
This, the palace game was one you can take, because we should have won regardless of the decisions against us.
I hope and prey, VAR works in our favour in one of those tuff upcoming games against Newcastle, City or Arsenal, then things may balance out.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I’m waiting for the season to end before submitting my letter of complaint. That’ll learn ‘em!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still fuming over the injustice of the Spurs game. Still cannot accept that the calls were all simply the result of incompetence. So many huge 'mistakes' all made in the same direction, just isn't plausible for a set of experienced professional officials.

The Palace one, I can move on from. It was one (HUGE) error, but anyone can make one (HUGE) error. Should not have happened, but there we are. the ting for me though with that incident, is that the goal would have only made the score 1-0. We continued with the game, and later proceeded to make it 1-0 (and then blew it). There is no certainty that had Pervis' goal stood, that the game would have played out as it did, and we'd have got the other goal. Anything could have happened.

Spurs, we utterly outplayed, and if any two of the FIVE incorrect calls go our way, we go on to win the game.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Palace bollox was just mind numbing how that could happen but I took that one on the chin and moved on,we all make mistakes.

However the Spurs game dosen't sit well with me and never will, people can make their own minds up on what happened but to my mind the game was rigged and the officials were tapped up,nothing else makes sense as to how we were cheated that day, obviously this is my opinion and I don't need any approval or disapproval,I will never be convinced otherwise of what went on that day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is anyone else still finding it hard to let go of that farcical officiating and VAR display against spurs last month and the ridiculous decision against Palace? Every time I look at the league table I can't help but imagine the extra points we should deservedly have, which would put us right in the mix on 57 points with games in hand over all of those around us. As things stand, top 4 is looking out of our reach and there's a chance we could miss out on Europe all together.

We have dominated many games this season and not got the rub of the green but that's football and we accept it. I understand that decisions don't always go your way and some say these things even themselves out in the end but these decisions goes way beyond that, this was daylight robbery of the highest order and still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Imagine if, come the end of the season, we were to lose out on top 4 or even European football by a handful of points. The potential ramifications for the club, both from a footballing sense and also financially are astronomical and what have we got to show for them? 3 worthless apologies from the PGMOL.

I know I need to move on but I'm having a really hard time doing so. Anyone else with me or do I need to just get over it?
I add three points every time I look at it

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Given the " alleged" match fixing/ financial cheating etc by some of the Tottenham staff whilst in senior positions in Italy, are we allowed to think there is far more to those decisions against Spurs than just incompetence...?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Given the " alleged" match fixing/ financial cheating etc by some of the Tottenham staff whilst in senior positions in Italy, are we allowed to think there is far more to those decisions against Spurs than just incompetence...?
I'm sure Bozza would be absolutely delighted if we could all put some allegations down in print on his website.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

With match fixing, you deliberately lose though don't you? Though I don't see why someone who has been involved in this should be allowed back into football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here