Jul 5, 2003
at home
when you watch that back 2 things:

1. A more blatent penalty I have never seen

2. Terrific comedy goalkeeping by Kuips and their keeper

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
first time I've seen the penalty claim and, not showing any bias, very blatant and should have been a red card

I thought it was blatant at the time but looking at the highlights it was even more clear cut than before. How the referee and linesman both managed to miss that and the blatant foul by Demetriou on Kuipers for the goal is beyond me. It made me angry all over again watching those highlights this morning.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think that camera angle does it justice, because it didn't look as obvious as some people make it sound. Before you get all uppity, let me make it clear, it should have been a penalty. It was quite clear.

But listening to comments on here it made it sound like dickinson had the ball at his feet, was shaping up to shoot then someone pretty much ran into the penalty area and rugby tackled him. Looking at that highlight, it looked like the defender got a little over excited with trying to muscle Liam off the ball and legs tangled.

Clear pen, but I'm pretty sure there have been a few that are even more obvious.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I thought it was blatant at the time but looking at the highlights it was even more clear cut than before. How the referee and linesman both managed to miss that and the blatant foul by Demetriou on Kuipers for the goal is beyond me. It made me angry all over again watching those highlights this morning.

Too true. Makes me seriously wonder about the possibility of certain characters having a vested interest in said decisions, especially the non-penalty. Absolutely f***ing scandalous. :rant:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a f***ing BOTTLER that Cook is - tosser - the reason he didnt give it is cos he had no balls to get the red card out too - twat.

With ref to Kuipers it's not his fault he slipped - that's just so much bad luck there isn't it - 2 points dropped :(

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't think that camera angle does it justice, because it didn't look as obvious as some people make it sound. Before you get all uppity, let me make it clear, it should have been a penalty. It was quite clear.

But listening to comments on here it made it sound like dickinson had the ball at his feet, was shaping up to shoot then someone pretty much ran into the penalty area and rugby tackled him. Looking at that highlight, it looked like the defender got a little over excited with trying to muscle Liam off the ball and legs tangled.

Clear pen, but I'm pretty sure there have been a few that are even more obvious.

Complete rubbish. Dickinson had the ball and was about to shoot and their player went straight through him from behind. It was as clear a penalty as I have ever seen. It was a case of them tangling, their player went for the ball through Dickinson's legs when he was never going to get there and took out Dickinson in the process.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Wtf? How bloody obvious does it have to be?? Jeez...

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
The reff also had the cheek to nearly give a penalty , he originally blew for a peno but he had to consult the lino before giving a indirect free kick .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Too true. Makes me seriously wonder about the possibility of certain characters having a vested interest in said decisions, especially the non-penalty. Absolutely f***ing scandalous. :rant:

Well he is either biased or rubbish. Either way, I hope we never have him as a referee again. 1 up, against ten men with a penalty to come would almost certainly have been 3 points. The irony is Poyet will probably be fined/banned while Cook will probably referee again this week.

Also, these highlights don't even show the disallowed goal, which was apparently very close on offside or not.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
blatant pen from the highlights but we do made it difficult for ourselves not taking chances and gifting them chances.
Why was it a free kick in the area and not a penalty guessing obstruction but any like to confirm

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
blatant pen from the highlights but we do made it difficult for ourselves not taking chances and gifting them chances.
Why was it a free kick in the area and not a penalty guessing obstruction but any like to confirm

You can't give a pen for a backpass - it is always an in-direct free kick

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the goalkeeper handling a back pass is not a penalty offence...however bringing down the forward looking at that again could have been one

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thank you, thought it was for bringing down the centre forward which is why I assumed a penalty, poor camera angle

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I can't recall ever seeing a shot hit the bar twice before.

If Elphick hadn't miscontrolled the ball he wouldn't have had to pass back to Kuipers. In his defence it may have taken an awkward bounce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here