Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'London Road Is The New Shoreditch'

Feb 14, 2010
erm no. A flat or house in Shoreditch is priced in the multi £millions. In London Road Brighton, they are not. Just because a few people go to pub in skinny jeans and a trilby in both areas, it doesnt mean the places are the same. Shoreditch is another area of London where multi millionaires and the show biz live. London Road Brighton has a few students and people who cant afford Shoreditch.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
As long as The Mitre remains unchanged I care not.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If London Road has moved upmarket, its only gone from the gutter to the kerb. An area still to be avoided unless you are on benefits or looking to score or to be mugged.

Jan 30, 2008
Before people start talking about Hipsters and gentrification can they please do the walk from the fire station up the hill to the Ditchling road traffic lights and admire the sights, sounds and smells on the way.
DIRTY STUDENT DOSS HOLES
regards
DR

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
55792180.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As long as The Mitre remains unchanged I care not.

Most definitely this. Still my favourite pub in Brighton

If London Road has moved upmarket, its only gone from the gutter to the kerb. An area still to be avoided unless you are on benefits or looking to score or to be mugged.

What a load of cock. I've been going to London Road for nigh on 50 years and I've been looking to score and never even been threatened with a mugging. I really like the area ... although there are worrying bits of hipsterdom creeping in

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Went there shopping for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I won't be back any time soon, at least not till they bring back Bellmans and Marks and Sparks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And it is not the new Shoreditch. There are a handful of similarities but this is all. I am pleased the area is getting a bit of a make-over but I hope it retains some of the old established places, a few street drinkers and a few pound shops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here