Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London ready for 2012

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Heathrow T5 has big posters announcing that it's ready for the Olympic games. Well tonight they had 2 passport control desks open and a que that took me nearly 1 hour to pass the border. Sounds like they are well ready for the event.

Rant over.

Noldi

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Heathrow T5 has big posters announcing that it's ready for the Olympic games. Well tonight they had 2 passport control desks open and a que that took me nearly 1 hour to pass the border. Sounds like they are well ready for the event.

Rant over.

Noldi

But they would, of course, have more open during the Olympics as there will be a higher number of people coming through the checks

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
But they would, of course, have more open during the Olympics as there will be a higher number of people coming through the checks

So they are no ready yet then ??????? as declared on all the posters or are they only ready for a few weeks then back to normal service. ???

Noldi

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The main artery to the Olympic stadium, the Jubilee Line, has been a pigging shambles since Christmas. So in answer to the original question : NO.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Brighton certainly isn't ready for league football yet. I tried to go to the ground - no trains. No buses. No park and ride either. So I walked and when I finally got to the Amex it was closed and I couldn't get in. Who cares if it was in the middle of the night on a non-match day. Suitable for football my arse! Sounds like they are well ready for the event.

Rant over.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You just KNOW the Olympics transport arrangements will majorly upfuck, then they'll spend the next eighteen months holding post mortems into what went wrong.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
They need to sort out the buses, they appear to be spontaneously combusting... this happened this morning just outside by my house

Bus+fire3.jpg

IMG01192-20120317-0907.jpg

Luckily no one hurt :)

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
During the Olympics, due to the increased traffic on M25, the emergency services are being ordered to clear all accidents within 30mins. Sounds good to me, however, several studies have shown that if the 30 mins threshold is broken, the ensuing build up on M25 and within the M25 (vehicles seeking alternate routes) could cause so much congestion which is feared would take 2 days to clear!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
The main artery to the Olympic stadium, the Jubilee Line, has been a pigging shambles since Christmas. So in answer to the original question : NO.

Aye, the Jubilee line is a nightmare! Bound to be a few problems at some point during the Olympics!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4791585 said:
They need to sort out the buses, they appear to be spontaneously combusting... this happened this morning just outside by my house

IMG01192-20120317-0907.jpg

Luckily no one hurt :)

What is this about cake on the tree :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here