Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Marathon 09 - REMF

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You've got my sponsorship - not just because you're running for REMF, but because my offer to sponsor the Teaboy and his girlfriend who are also running the London Marathon was spurned on the dubious grounds that they are running to beat their personal bests, not to raise money.

If you see them on the day ... trip them up.

:)

Many thanks Lord B.... and i'll do just that if i see them :thumbsup:

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
You've got my sponsorship - not just because you're running for REMF, but because my offer to sponsor the Teaboy and his girlfriend who are also running the London Marathon was spurned on the dubious grounds that they are running to beat their personal bests, not to raise money.

If you see them on the day ... trip them up.

I'm sorry but can you now only run the marathon to raise money for charity? What if running is your sport like playing cricket is someone else's sport. Does that person received your distain for not raising money every time he plays a cricket match?

London is full to the brim of charity joe joggers waddling around in 6 hours who can't be bothered to train properly while real runners can't get a place.

I'm sorry but can you now only run the marathon to raise money for charity? What if running is your sport like playing cricket is someone else's sport. Does that person received your distain for not raising money every time he plays a cricket match?

London is full to the brim of charity joe joggers waddling around in 6 hours who can't be bothered to train properly while real runners can't get a place.
Having raised the lad from birth, I'm sure he's learned to live with whatever grief I throw in his direction. As I can when I'm on the receiving end.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Charity runners at London will raise MILLIONS of pounds this year for a whole host of good causes.

I will be one of those running for a Charity and I aim to raise several thousand pounds for people with incurable illnesses. (and yes I have trained, and hope to finish in between 4 - 4.12 hours, sorry if that's too slow for you)

You say 'real runners can't get a place' - sorry but if you belong to a running club they all have places - and often have trouble filling them.

Robyn

Oct 8, 2003
London
Good Luck Simon and well done for picking REMF.

Having done it last year I know how hard you have to train before hand and how it takes more than just physical fitness to get round. Especially when it's raining!

I hope the guys on here throw as much support behind you as they did behind me.

My one piece of advice would be use carb gels! I don't know if you've done it before but I'm happy to tell you what to expect. Just ping me a message via here. :yahoo:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Good Luck Simon and well done for picking REMF.

Having done it last year I know how hard you have to train before hand and how it takes more than just physical fitness to get round. Especially when it's raining!

I hope the guys on here throw as much support behind you as they did behind me.

My one piece of advice would be use carb gels! I don't know if you've done it before but I'm happy to tell you what to expect. Just ping me a message via here. :yahoo:

Thanks Robyn, training going well so far... even during the snow !!!

Yeah had some good support so far, hopefully will continue

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Argentina

Simon,

Good luck with the training. As an ex marathon runner (STH Block L) I assume I am a bit like an ex smoker but ran my last marathon in NY in 2005. Having run lots of marathons in my Albion shirt previously, you can imagine my disappointment when the New Yorkers mistook the light blue top for Argentina. Hope yoiu have better luck and hope we are celebrating staying in Div 1 . What's your target time then and which shirt are you wearing (use the vas......)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Simon,

Good luck with the training. As an ex marathon runner (STH Block L) I assume I am a bit like an ex smoker but ran my last marathon in NY in 2005. Having run lots of marathons in my Albion shirt previously, you can imagine my disappointment when the New Yorkers mistook the light blue top for Argentina. Hope yoiu have better luck and hope we are celebrating staying in Div 1 . What's your target time then and which shirt are you wearing (use the vas......)

My target is sub 4hours.... fingers crossed

Haven't thought about what i might wear yet though !!!

cheers

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Best of luck with your run and fund raising. I too am running in this years FLM for the South West Thames Kidney fund, anyone wishing to donate to to this very good cause please send me a PM. Cheers

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Having raised the lad from birth, I'm sure he's learned to live with whatever grief I throw in his direction. As I can when I'm on the receiving end.

Cheeky bugger!

I'm not running for charity as I feel a tad awkward asking people for money for what I do for 'fun' (although after dragging myself round 16 miles of London parks yesterday I think fun might be the wrong word!). Even if I was raising money I wouldn't be 'running for charity', but for myself. I don't begrudge those who do raise money for whatever cause they see fit (we may all need these charities at some point), but I hope ALL runners put the effort in and do the best they can. ANYONE can walk the distance - prove youself to be different :p

Good luck matey. See you at the start line!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Simon/Tony

You don't want to be running in a cotton T-Shirt, hopefully this is a technical (wicking) Shirt.

Hi Simon,

below is an image of my two daughter modelling the REMF t-shirts.

I'll sort one out asap.

Tony....

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Good luck mate, I don't know you but well done for running in the London Marathon and for such a good cause. I first ran it 2 years ago (did it just under 4 and 1/2 half hours) and this year will be my 2nd effort running for the charity SENSE for deaf and blind children and adults (my time will not be important). I know what sort of effort,time,preparation and training is required to do such an event so I salute you. I have sponsored you a small amount but it all helps.
My one good tip which you already should be aware of is to make sure you wear a tried and tested pair of underpants (boxer shorts are big no no) which will be comfortable for the long runs (you will suffer,trust me,if of the wrong material)
Best Wishes
Brownstuff
(it will be an amazing day to be a part of again if 2 years ago is anything to go by)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am in for £ 20.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I will be watching as a friend is doing it this year..if I see you plopping round in your REMF shirt I'll shove a fiver in your G-string.

BTW if you happen to be running next to a super fit redhead called Catherine, ask her out will you cos she needs the confidence boost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here