Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London City Airport Runway Shut By Black Lives Matter....

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Some of the suggestions on here may have been a bit OTT (much as I like the idea of hitching the whole sorry mass of them to an outgoing aircraft!) but surely the police should be just moving in and physically moving them, not 'negotiating'? Have we gone soft, or what?
After all, they're just a bunch of 'look-at-me' twats being offended on somebody else's behalf.

have we gone soft...? we went soft years ago ffs...

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
This is from the BLM website , anyone here able to translate ?

The Appropriation of Black Struggle

When you adopt Black Lives Matter and transform it into something else (if you feel you really need to do that–see above for the arguments not to), it’s appropriate politically to credit the lineage from which your adapted work derived. It’s important that we work together to build and acknowledge the legacy of Black contributions to the struggle for human rights. If you adapt Black Lives Matter, use the opportunity to talk about its inception and political framing. Lift up Black lives as an opportunity to connect struggles across race, class, gender, nationality, sexuality and disability.

And, perhaps more importantly, when Black people cry out in defense of our lives, which are uniquely, systematically, and savagely targeted by the state, we are asking you, our family, to stand with us in affirming Black lives. Not just all lives. Black lives. Please do not change the conversation by talking about how your life matters, too. It does, but we need less watered down unity and a more active solidarities with us, Black people, unwaveringly, in defense of our humanity. Our collective futures depend on it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

When you adopt Black Lives Matter and transform it into something else (if you feel you really need to do that–see above for the arguments not to), it’s appropriate politically to credit the lineage from which your adapted work derived. It’s important that we work together to build and acknowledge the legacy of Black contributions to the struggle for human rights. If you adapt Black Lives Matter, use the opportunity to talk about its inception and political framing. Lift up Black lives as an opportunity to connect struggles across race, class, gender, nationality, sexuality and disability.

And, perhaps more importantly, when Black people cry out in defense of our lives, which are uniquely, systematically, and savagely targeted by the state, we are asking you, our family, to stand with us in affirming Black lives. Not just all lives. Black lives. Please do not change the conversation by talking about how your life matters, too. It does, but we need less watered down unity and a more active solidarities with us, Black people, unwaveringly, in defense of our humanity. Our collective futures depend on it.

:mad: wtf...?? let's face it ....it's white people that are diminishing as a % of the worlds population........these people have had too much cocaine at structure group meetings...:tosser:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Are they claiming credit for the abolition of slavery?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Is it me or are a lot of these direct action protests seem populated by white middle class types, I was watching a documentary the other day about CND and the continuing battle @ HMNB Clyde showing the vast majority of protesters are from England who bus in from all parts of the U.K. Under the banner NIMBY when in fact the base provides considerable work to local people who don't give one jot about sharing this establishment!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This point may have already been made before, but what has black people being persecuted got to do with smelly (I assume) white students? Perhaps the water cannon could be deployed, killing two birds with one stone.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
This point may have already been made before, but what has black people being persecuted got to do with smelly (I assume) white students? Perhaps the water cannon could be deployed, killing two birds with one stone.

Just blast them in back in to the Rowing lake and hope that there is a coaches launch going past at the same time...

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
No doubt some of them will have rich and influential parents, high court judges etc, so the police have to adopt the ridiculous softly softly approach to the charlatans.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I see this as a much wider problem - Is raicsm a roblem? Yes, of course it bloody is. But this is going to do nothing to help the campaign other than some internal back slapping. The backlash will cause even more 'us and them'.

The problem I see is that with the political uncertainty, the Brexit, the fall of the pound, unemployment etc. people go to these groups as some form of comfort and getting back at 'the man'. I think that we are going to see more and larger protests not just for BLM but for a number of things. I wouldn't be surprised to see riots again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is this not a bit of a worry that they were able to get onto a runway so easily, still I suppose it better for them than a terrorist with a gun shooting at a plane taking off or landing.

Living on £20,000 a year they say - that's £10.26 a hour, bit higher than the living wage, although if that £20,000 a year to live on then that must be take home pay so quite a lot more than £10.26

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

They'd start protesting about how the water should have been sent to Africa.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Is this not a bit of a worry that they were able to get onto a runway so easily, still I suppose it better for them than a terrorist with a gun shooting at a plane taking off or landing.

Living on £20,000 a year they say - that's £10.26 a hour, bit higher than the living wage, although if that £20,000 a year to live on then that must be take home pay so quite a lot more than £10.26

I used to row alongside this runway and it constantly baffled me how easy it was to just get out of a boat and on to the runway...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Has anybody worked out exactly what the pasty white folk in picture are protesting about yet? Because as far as I can tell relating people flying from City Airport to migrants drowning in the Med is at the very best tenuous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here