Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Brighton train delays tonite

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
Trespasser at Thornton heath. If in London thinking about heading home, go to the pub and try later on. 53 mins and still not at east Croydon. Grim.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
There were a few train terminations for all Charing Cross - Hastings and the other way today, noticed it when I got the train to Falmer for the book signing.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
A trespass incident is causing disruption at Thornton Heath.
Because of this, the following alterations will apply, with disruption to services expected to continue until approximately 21:00:
Trains are unable to run between Balham / Streatham and East Croydon / West Croydon via Selhurst.
Trains between London and East Croydon / West Croydon will be diverted via Crystal Palace.
Trains between London and Sutton / Epsom will be diverted via Mitcham Eastfields.
London Buses, London Underground, Croydon Tramlink, South West Trains, Southeastern and First Capital Connect will accept Southern customers on all reasonable routes.
Journey times may be extended by up to 30 minutes, but trains already trapped on the Thornton Heath / Selhurst route are being delayed by up to 75 minutes.
Trains will not call at Streatham Common, Norbury, Thornton Heath or Selhurst until further notice.

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
Because of this, the following alterations will apply, with disruption to services expected to continue until approximately 21:00:
Trains are unable to run between Balham / Streatham and East Croydon / West Croydon via Selhurst.
Trains between London and East Croydon / West Croydon will be diverted via Crystal Palace.
Trains between London and Sutton / Epsom will be diverted via Mitcham Eastfields.
London Buses, London Underground, Croydon Tramlink, South West Trains, Southeastern and First Capital Connect will accept Southern customers on all reasonable routes.
Journey times may be extended by up to 30 minutes, but trains already trapped on the Thornton Heath / Selhurst route are being delayed by up to 75 minutes.
Trains will not call at Streatham Common, Norbury, Thornton Heath or Selhurst until further notice.

Apart from my train which has got as far as the picturesque Selhurst. 1 hour 18 mins so far

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm on the gatwick express that left victoria at 6pm and I am STILL north of East Croydon

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Palace chav looking for copper cabling?

A mate of mine's train journey a few years back was well f**ked up by somebody thinking it would be funny to cut the copper signal cabling at Newport station once. it should have taken her 3 hours to get home, but that took her 8!!. She said it wasn't worth it, even though it meant going to see her fave team Chelsea at the League Cup final beat Arsenal 2-0.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Power switched off still due to twats getting off a stationary train and walking to East Croydon

Nearly 2 hours and still not at EC ffs

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
Power switched off still due to twats getting off a stationary train and walking to East Croydon

Nearly 2 hours and still not at EC ffs

I'm on the same train! Any more of this and I think a rendition of "we're the left side, we're the right side" to break the boredom would be in order??

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
A mate of mine is coming down from London for our 6aside tonight and is on your train too, stuck outside EC. Ffffft.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Because of this, the following alterations will apply until further notice:
London Buses, London Underground, Croydon Tramlink, London Midland, South West Trains, Southeastern and First Capital Connect will accept Southern customers on all reasonable routes.
Journey times may be extended by up to 30 minutes, but trains already trapped on the Thornton Heath / Selhurst route are being delayed by up to 90 minutes.

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
A mate of mine is coming down from London for our 6aside tonight and is on your train too, stuck outside EC. Ffffft.

Well we got power and hv made it as far as east Croydon now and are on the move again. Bar has run out needless to say. Reckon will get to Brighton by 845/900 nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here