[News] London Bridge Incident

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Maybe you underestimate the strength of feeling in this country mikey
Regards
DF

The comments are victim blaming.

"And now it's cost him his life. Some unfortunately never learn."

"I feel sorry for them and RIP to the young man, but is is that sort of liberal naivety on a national scale that has resulted in the mess we're in. I don't understand how his father can't see that this approach has cost his son his life."

"Unfortunately your Son is dead, you have to live with this and you have my sympathy but don't try to influence any actions that might prevent this tragedy happening to other parents."

Jan 30, 2008
The comments are victim blaming.

"And now it's cost him his life. Some unfortunately never learn."

"I feel sorry for them and RIP to the young man, but is is that sort of liberal naivety on a national scale that has resulted in the mess we're in. I don't understand how his father can't see that this approach has cost his son his life."

"Unfortunately your Son is dead, you have to live with this and you have my sympathy but don't try to influence any actions that might prevent this tragedy happening to other parents."

Are they being abusive ?
Regards
DF

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I'd say it was a personal take on what was posted as to how you interpret as vile , I don't get wrapped in face book and Twitter shit
Regards
DF

It's not getting wrapped up in anything. We have the comments section of a newspaper blaming the victim for his own death because of his political leanings.

The poor lads fathers twitter page is rife with it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Are they being abusive ?

No, they're being ****ing stupid. The public who stepped in prevented further injuries and further loss of life. Would you be happier with a death count of a dozen and few dozen injured? It's selfish in the EXTREME to criticise the decision of any of the public to step in and try to shut down a wanker with a knife as quickly as possible.

Always look after yourself and to hell with everyone else, right? :wanker:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What a load of nonsense.

That link which I just go around to reading in no way shape or form says he WAS deradicalised.

In fact what it does says is

According to the Ministry of Justice, a prisoner serving a sentence such as Khan's would have been required to take part in a deradicalisation course.

It does not say he was.

In fact, the guardian reports:

The London Bridge attacker had asked for help to be deradicalised while he was in prison, but none was forthcoming, his solicitor has claimed.

The fact he was released but didn't even meet requirements just adds further light on just how sh1t the Tories are. So thanks for helping the Labour cause.

And in reference to Labours response. Yvette cooper seems to corroborate the above, as does the secret barrister.

"Yvette Cooper
(@YvetteCooperMP)
Usman Khan was sentenced for serious terror offence in Feb 2012. Thought to be so dangerous by judge he was given IPP sentence to prevent release if still serious threat. Instead he was released 6 yrs later without Parole Board assessment. How cd this be allowed to happen? ...1"

And yes I do feel much safer under Labour. You cannot do public safety on the CHEAP!

And finally, Labour governments have been much harder on terrorism than the Tories.

"norman smith
(@BBCNormanS)
Hmmm... can criticise last Labour Govt for many things...but surely not being soft on terror ??
ID cards, control orders, detention without trial etc etc...."

Under Tories:

Man attacks victims in a terrorism act. Police are slow to respond as there's not enough of them raising risk of more victims. Victims are attended to slower due to ambulance cuts. Their treatment is stretched due to NHS cuts. Meanwhile, attacker is jailed. Attacker doesn't get therapy due to cuts. Should be kept in Prison but can't due to no spaces and cuts, is supposed to be assessed before released but doesn't due to cuts, man is released and should be monitored, but isn't monitored due to cuts, man attacks more victims, victims die.

We are not safe under the conservatives. I'll say it one last time, YOU CANNOT DO SECURITY ON THE CHEAP.

No idea why this board attracts so many far-left loons from other clubs (we have more than enough of our own) many of them called Mikey.

You posted a link where someone suggested there wasn't enough money for deradicalisation courses linking it to this case. Having established in your own mind that this was fertile ground for a 'Tory cuts' attack line. The link I provided said ...

ITV News understands that Khan was invited to do a “risk assessment and formulation” in 2012, while in Category A HMP Belmarsh - the first step of a deradicalisation programme.

However, it is understood that Khan repeatedly refused the risk assessment test and formulation, a process which would have been taking place before he wrote the letter.

Eventually, in 2014, he seemed to change his mind and went ahead with the risk assessment and formulation and was then on a programme most likely continuously until the end of the custodial part of sentence.

It is understood that once released from prison he went on to a Desistance and Disengagement Programme (DDP) which focuses on individuals who are subject to court-approved conditions, including all terrorism and terrorism-related offenders on probation licence).

NEW: @itvnews understands Usman Khan went on Desistance and Disengagement Programme - a @ukhomeoffice scheme aimed at all terror offenders on probation - designed to address ”root causes of terrorism” “support could include mentoring, psychological support, theological...advice”

— Angus Walker (@anguswalkertalk) November 30, 2019

As someone said earlier in this thread Shame on ANYONE trying to make political capital out of this ... clearly, you have no shame.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
No idea why this board attracts so many far-left loons from other clubs (we have more than enough of our own) many of them called Mikey.

You posted a link where someone suggested there wasn't enough money for deradicalisation courses linking it to this case. Having established in your own mind that this was fertile ground for a 'Tory cuts' attack line. The link I provided said ...

ITV News understands that Khan was invited to do a “risk assessment and formulation” in 2012, while in Category A HMP Belmarsh - the first step of a deradicalisation programme.

However, it is understood that Khan repeatedly refused the risk assessment test and formulation, a process which would have been taking place before he wrote the letter.

Eventually, in 2014, he seemed to change his mind and went ahead with the risk assessment and formulation and was then on a programme most likely continuously until the end of the custodial part of sentence.

It is understood that once released from prison he went on to a Desistance and Disengagement Programme (DDP) which focuses on individuals who are subject to court-approved conditions, including all terrorism and terrorism-related offenders on probation licence).

NEW: @itvnews understands Usman Khan went on Desistance and Disengagement Programme - a @ukhomeoffice scheme aimed at all terror offenders on probation - designed to address ”root causes of terrorism” “support could include mentoring, psychological support, theological...advice”

— Angus Walker (@anguswalkertalk) November 30, 2019

As someone said earlier in this thread Shame on ANYONE trying to make political capital out of this ... clearly, you have no shame.

You lost me at "far-left" you odious wanker.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You lost me at "far-left" you odious wanker.

Might be time for me to chip in and suggest you watch yourself.

I had no idea until recently that you are a Middlesbrough supporter. After the vile homophobic abuse dished out to my family. Including my young children, after the promotion decider I have nothing but contempt for anyone associated with your shitty club.

I really need little incentive to **** you off completely.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016

I had no idea until recently that you are a Middlesbrough supporter. After the vile homophobic abuse dished out to my family. Including my young children, after the promotion decider I have nothing but contempt for anyone associated with your shitty club.

I am not a homophobe nor do I partake in such abuse. Nor was I there that day. There is no prejudices that can be taken from the words odious or wanker.

HOWEVER. If you want to exercise your power to expel me then do it. But just know this, there are genuine racists and bigots on this board who get a free ride, and if I get booted because of your experience of a few scumbag boro fans, which most people from the area would be embarrassed to be associated with then that's truly tragic.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I am not a homophobe nor do I partake in such abuse. Nor was I there that day. There is no prejudices that can be taken from the words odious or wanker.

HOWEVER. If you want to exercise your power to expel me then do it. But just know this, there are genuine racists and bigots on this board who get a free ride, and if I get booted because of your experience of a few scumbag boro fans, which most people from the area would be embarrassed to be associated with then that's truly tragic.

With your very recent post in mind, might not this apply to you as well?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mate, I just read through all the posts on the last 2 pages (apart from those by Das Reich the nazi (banned for a year for racist trolling) and the tory campaigner 'football genius' who labeled me a left wing extremist or somesuch bollocks a couple of years ago, both of whom I have on ignore) and the Middlesboro supporter has written nothing that was unreasonable until goaded by the activist 'football genius'.

Let's not conflate Middlesborough nobs with all people of Middlesborough. I understand your attitude but our Northern chum has been unreasonably provoked by 'genius' as was I some years ago, and would perhaps be best advised to do what I did and put the plum on ignore.

The 'genius' himself will never get banned from NSC because he is far too calculating. But people are beginning to get a clearer sense of his weft. Perfectly reasonable until challenged, then reduces to accusing folk of being Marxists (etc etc). FG......<sigh>

All the best from chilly Kent (and that isn't a euphemism).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, the real Middlesbrough Mikey emerges ... Corbynista gobshites certainly do stick together.

As plenty of posters prove, politics isn't mutually exclusive when it comes to 'gobshiteness'.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As plenty of posters prove, politics isn't mutually exclusive when it comes to 'gobshiteness'.

This. A lot of people in glass houses here. Some of them could even be classified as taking on 'snowflake' by their own definition :lolol:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Ah, the real Middlesbrough Mikey emerges ... Corbynista gobshites certainly do stick together.
In your opinion, would a far left ever vote to leave the European Union?

You throw the term out there so much to the point far left has become the term for anybody who opposes the far right.

Its disingenuous and it's annoying as hell.

I have been real. Holding my tongue has been real. Losing my shit with your nonsense has been real.

You have a poor view of the area, many do. Probably one of the reasons we are in this election/brexit mess. The forgotten lands withits neglected people.

But a lot of us have jobs and pay our taxes. Not everyone wanders the high street drinking skol, you'd be surprised to learn.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
In your opinion, would a far left ever vote to leave the European Union?

You throw the term out there so much to the point far left has become the term for anybody who opposes the far right.

Its disingenuous and it's annoying as hell.

I have been real. Holding my tongue has been real. Losing my shit with your nonsense has been real.

You have a poor view of the area, many do. Probably one of the reasons we are in this election/brexit mess. The forgotten lands withits neglected people.

But a lot of us have jobs and pay our taxes. Not everyone wanders the high street drinking skol, you'd be surprised to learn.

Have you been drinking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here