Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loft v Jarrett

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Some things are in our control, others patently not.

The decision to let Jarret go and Loft stay, neh actually play for the 1st team falls into the former category.

Jarrett I saw briefly at Watford and on a couple of occassions at Withdean. A bit raw, but clearly a talent waiting to burst out. He's now with Watford, so you don't have to take my word for this analysis.

Loft I saw at QPR when his team mates clearly were reluctant to pass to him. I saw him yesterday and studied him to try and understand why he was out there. It's not his fault, but what are we signing people from Hastings for who are clearly not up to Div 3 (let alone Div 2 last year) standard? He's far too lightweight, how ever hard he may try.

This strikes me as anecdotal evidence of how the playing side is now very low down the priority list.

The genie is now out and the duping must stop immdiately as the the shot term strategies implemented for many months, which have brought about the current form crisis, not to mention a relegation, mean that gates are now steadily falling as more and more fans tolerance levels are being tested almost on a daily basis.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Loft can pass the ball, run with the ball, tackle, and does a lot of chasing back (in the OGH mould).

Jarrett could run with the ball....and run with the ball...and run with the ball.....

But yes, Loft maybe needs to beefen up a bit.:love:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
Loft can pass the ball, run with the ball, tackle, and does a lot of chasing back (in the OGH mould).
Well, one out of the three anyway.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Bromley shrimp said:
It's not his fault, but what are we signing people from Hastings for who are clearly not up to Div 3 (let alone Div 2 last year) standard? He's far too lightweight, how ever hard he may try.
1 Are you saying that clubs at Hastings' level never produce good players?
2 Agree that Loft was too lightweight when he arrived but he has started the process of building up his muscle strength.
3 Jarrett is a lightweight also.
Perhaps Jarrett was booted out as McGhee couldn't handle him.

Remember also that Jarrett's loan spells at Stevenage and Swindon were not very successful.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Re: Re: Loft v Jarrett

mona said:
1 Are you saying that clubs at Hastings' level never produce good players?
2 Agree that Loft was too lightweight when he arrived but he has started the process of building up his muscle strength.
3 Jarrett is a lightweight also.
Perhaps Jarrett was booted out as McGhee couldn't handle him.

Remember also that Jarrett's loan spells at Stevenage and Swindon were not very successful.

Loft was subbed again yesterday.
It's Adie Boothroyd who needs to consider Jarrett's exploits at Stevenage and Swindon.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Re: Re: Re: Loft v Jarrett

Bromley shrimp said:
Loft was subbed again yesterday.
It's Adie Boothroyd who needs to consider Jarrett's exploits at Stevenage and Swindon.
I suspect that you are right about Loft but give him a bit more time.

I'm sceptical about Jarrett. He had a magnificent 10 mins as a sub at Watford 2 years back before Markkk subbed the sub. Likewise CKR and Carole scored and did well against SU and Leeds last season. Bit of a pattern perhaps? Good luck to Jarrett but he was given quite a few chances with us wasn't he?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Re: Re: Re: Re: Loft v Jarrett

mona said:
I suspect that you are right about Loft but give him a bit more time.

I'm sceptical about Jarrett. He had a magnificent 10 mins as a sub at Watford 2 years back before Markkk subbed the sub. Likewise CKR and Carole scored and did well against SU and Leeds last season. Bit of a pattern perhaps? Good luck to Jarrett but he was given quite a few chances with us wasn't he?

The sub was indeed subbed after doing well and my point is not really about how good Jarrett is or even how bad Loft is, but buying from Hastings and letting people go to Prem clubs is just too extreme if we want to consolidate a half decent side. We failed miserably last season and the downward spiral continues virtually unabated without reference to the fact that we've dropped a division. The whole philosophy is flawed and underlined by the "nobody wants to come and play for us" saga which rumbles on.

So how come Micky Adams was able to have almost a complete clearout bar Gary Hart and Johnson?

Stumpy Tim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loft v Jarrett

Bromley shrimp said:
So how come Micky Adams was able to have almost a complete clearout bar Gary Hart and Johnson?

We were a big club in that division. We were a tiny club in the Championshiop. We are at our right level at the moment

How about we next talk about Jarrett when he does something useful on the football pitch? I suspect it will be a fair while before Boothroyd pitches him ahead of some of the much better wingers he has.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
How about we next talk about Jarrett when he does something useful on the football pitch? I suspect it will be a fair while before Boothroyd pitches him ahead of some of the much better wingers he has.

Only if we do the same about Loft

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here