[Drinking] Lock ins

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not struggling but people isolating is not as easy as some on here suggest.As I pointed out Italians within apartment blocks are still socializing in small groups.People far more qualified than myself are suggesting that isolation will cause mental issues if its long term.Here in Oz(live here 9 months of the year) we have not started any real isolation,only arrivals from overseas,yet we may have had our first suicide.An old man may have taken his own life because of a dread of being isolated,neighbours say he was terrified of the prospect.
Just think some on here should be a little less quick to set themselves up as judge and jury.

Easy or not there will be thousands of unnecessary deaths if people don't do it. People of all ages. Thousands.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
This....not sure why it’s so difficult to understand. We’ve just had a ‘social gathering’ of six of us (3 couples). Went for a long walk on the Downs (keeping the requisite distance) then had a coffee (we each brought our own) in the car park. Previously this would have been a pub lunch or all gather at one of our houses.

As an aside, the whole ****ing world seems to have descended on the South Downs today. The J&J car park at Clayton was full before 10am, by 2pm cars were parked all the way down the lane (including of course in all the passing spots, so getting out was a nightmare). If you’re planning on a visit tomorrow, get there early. Imagine the seafront was similar ?
Lee on solent was rammed today,but people kept their distance.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There’s always a few idiots who cause trouble. Problem this time is that the result of the idiots not complying will be catastrophic. Unless the government take a harder line we will be on course for a repeat of what’s happening in Italy.
Why are so these people so bloody selfish? Ignorance? Stupidity? Just unbelievable.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There’s always a few idiots who cause trouble. Problem this time is that the result of the idiots not complying will be catastrophic. Unless the government take a harder line we will be on course for a repeat of what’s happening in Italy.
Why are so these people so bloody selfish? Ignorance? Stupidity? Just unbelievable.

A harder line is very close I believe.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm STILL getting calls asking if we are open ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My local has made it clear to its hardcore regulars(mates of the landlord) that they will have parties at certain times for them to attend

With these days of social media it will get out, and did landlord will close his license. Police are quite hot on this at the moment

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Free Corona for every patron.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Read earlier elsewhere, a pub in Clay Cross Derbyshire appears to have been the first place busted last night. Acting on a tip off, police were given the usual story of 'private gathering' and 'no money is changing hands.' Didn't cut any ice with the police. Pub is now being reported to the licencing authorities.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Read earlier elsewhere, a pub in Clay Cross Derbyshire appears to have been the first place busted last night. Acting on a tip off, police were given the usual story of 'private gathering' and 'no money is changing hands.' Didn't cut any ice with the police. Pub is now being reported to the licencing authorities.

Good. Too many idiots that need saving from themselves and the threat they pose to others dealt with.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lock-ins in the current situation are for c***s, no two ways about it. Any pub found doing one should have it's licence revoked. Simples.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe your **** of a landlord should listen to this interview with a UK A&E consultant about the need to stay indoors and apart from others NOW. Truly frightening:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0877mb2
If the government imposes a lock down I will of course comply, but at the moment I can't see how going out into the garden is going to increase my chances of catching it, or driving - on my own - out into the country and having a walk in the fresh air, again on my own and keeping my distance from any others who might be walking too. In fact, I think doing that is more beneficial to my health and well-being than if I sty cooped up indoors for weeks on end.

Pillocks who think it is smart to organise lock-ins to circumvent the pub closures are just that - pillocks, as are any that attend such an event.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports