Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

local talent

Jul 25, 2003
Saltdean
In the late fifties I used to watch Whitehawk at East Brighton Park. Why? Because it was where I lived. There was a season when they had an Italian centre forward ( Carlo Straza ) and played in shiny shirts! It was exciting to have the continental flavour but they seemed a bit less local.
I've followed the Albion for the last forty years even though I haven't lived in Sussex for most of that time. Why? Because it's where I come from. I get to several games each season and have seen many of the key games e.g. Wembley '83, Hereford, 0-4 to Arsenal in the first game in the first division, first game at the Withdean etc. First and foremost I want to see them win but its a bit more special if they do that with local players. One thing the Premiership seems to have done is to make the Nationwide more local again. Our squad has a real south-east flavour, more than for many years. I think the skill level in the Premiership is great but how Bolton does it feel to support Bolton? My ideal would be to see the Albion in the Premiership but with a south east squad.... well you can dream...
So, with the current squad, what's the strongest south east side we could put out?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Damn, I thought this was going to be about Fishersgate barmaids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here