Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Local cricketers. Would YOU like to play here...?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
A :bounce: just to say thank you, and remind everyone that NSC is a force for good.

At the start of the season when I created this thread, the club was really struggling for numbers, and looked like the season was going to be a write-off. We did call one early game off I think.

Now two months on, and thanks in no small part to the good folk of NSC, we've played 8 games.
Some have played one game, some a couple, one or two are now regulars. As with the rest of our team, the ability levels and age ranges cover a wide spread - just as it should be.

Many, many thanks, to [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] [MENTION=33008]dannyboyhigham[/MENTION] (and his brother-in-law) [MENTION=21877]Chinman3000[/MENTION] (and his brother) and [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] (and his very talented son).

Not that its the important thing at all, but we've even WON 6 of those 8 games. Remarkable.

thanks all :bowdown:

You must still be buzzing from your 6-17 yesterday!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Not that I'm completely OBSESSIVE about my stats, or anything.

'grats on the 6-for.

Looks a lovely ground. Unfortunately, just a bit too distant for me. That and the fact I'm already committed to playing for Laughton. Having said that, a season full of draws has been rather frustrating. 4 wins, 2 losses, 9(!) draws. We've been the victims of teams deliberately playing for a draw from the first over of the second innings a few too many times.

This thread exemplifies for me something I've grown to love about English village cricket. Clubs that do everything they can to keep going, players who put their hands up to help the local club, and all that. It's a very different atmosphere in Aussie club cricket.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'grats on the 6-for.

Looks a lovely ground. Unfortunately, just a bit too distant for me. That and the fact I'm already committed to playing for Laughton. Having said that, a season full of draws has been rather frustrating. 4 wins, 2 losses, 9(!) draws. We've been the victims of teams deliberately playing for a draw from the first over of the second innings a few too many times.

This thread exemplifies for me something I've grown to love about English village cricket. Clubs that do everything they can to keep going, players who put their hands up to help the local club, and all that. It's a very different atmosphere in Aussie club cricket.

I'm sure we used to have a lot more draws, but nobody seems too intent on dragging out a long dull one, anymore. Which is good - better to go down fighting.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A :bounce: just to say thank you, and remind everyone that NSC is a force for good.

At the start of the season when I created this thread, the club was really struggling for numbers, and looked like the season was going to be a write-off. We did call one early game off I think.

Now two months on, and thanks in no small part to the good folk of NSC, we've played 8 games.
Some have played one game, some a couple, one or two are now regulars. As with the rest of our team, the ability levels and age ranges cover a wide spread - just as it should be.

Many, many thanks, to [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] [MENTION=33008]dannyboyhigham[/MENTION] (and his brother-in-law) [MENTION=21877]Chinman3000[/MENTION] (and his brother) and [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] (and his very talented son).

Not that its the important thing at all, but we've even WON 6 of those 8 games. Remarkable.

thanks all :bowdown:

Thanks for the opportunity......had a lovely couple of afternoons playing in one and watching the boy in the other (and managed to sneak up on the SDW for a 2 hour run as the stunning ground is in the shadow of the downs). See you next season hopefully - to anyone else thinking of offering their services I'd highly recommend it. Great group of blokes, perfect setting and proper old school friendly village cricket - enthusiastic kids to wily old grandads. Love it [emoji3]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seventh straight win yesterday.

Unprecedented SCENES.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 65028

View attachment 65029

My cricket club, Parham Park CC, a couple of miles from Storrington, is looking a bit short of numbers for the coming season, and are actively seeking some new blood. We only play on Sundays and almost always at home, as that's where the opposition normally want it. It really is a spectacularly lovely place. Certainly we are at home every Sunday in May, from the 10th.

Any cricketers out there fancy it? Don't need to be local to the area. It's only a 25 minute drive from Hove. Nor do you need to be available every week - personally I play 5 or 6 games a season.

PM me if you're interested. Cheers

A bounce of this post, for the 2016 season. Still looking for a couple of new players, regular or occasional, world beaters or duffers. Reply here or PM if interested. You won't regret it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I can play occasionally. Haven't played for a couple of years but would happily give it a go if you're short. Better fielder than anything else but that isn't saying much. Once blagged a 60* but that's a few years back now!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can play occasionally. Haven't played for a couple of years but would happily give it a go if you're short. Better fielder than anything else but that isn't saying much. Once blagged a 60* but that's a few years back now!

Thanks mate. Will pm you.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A bounce of this post, for the 2016 season. Still looking for a couple of new players, regular or occasional, world beaters or duffers. Reply here or PM if interested. You won't regret it.

I'll copy what I said at the end of last season to help the bounce..........

................had a lovely couple of afternoons playing in one and watching the boy in the other (and managed to sneak up on the SDW for a 2 hour run as the stunning ground is in the shadow of the downs). See you next season hopefully - to anyone else thinking of offering their services I'd highly recommend it. Great group of blokes, perfect setting and proper old school friendly village cricket - enthusiastic kids to wily old grandads. Love it

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I turned up at our match on Sunday and decided it was too warm to take the field. One of the eager youngsters took my place and I sat and scored for the afternoon. Lovely day in the countryside with a can of cider. Can't beat it.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I can confirm it is a stunning ground to play at. My team (Hove Unicorns) used to play there every year (I even managed a ton there he says immodestly, which adds to my rose tinted memories).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Still short of numbers, if anyone would like to give it a try.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Still short of numbers, if anyone would like to give it a try.

One of the circuit umpires told me that Sunday cricket is a problem for sides in Sussex at the moment. What's the situation with your group ?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If I had any equipment or experience whatsoever I'd probably give it a try but I don't think you're looking for a late twenties cricket virgin somehow!

Good luck with the search though, looks like a lovely place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of the circuit umpires told me that Sunday cricket is a problem for sides in Sussex at the moment. What's the situation with your group ?

Shocking. A real struggle. We lost our first game to the weather, the next because we failed to raise a side, and then when we had eleven, the flippin opposition fell short!

If I had any equipment or experience whatsoever I'd probably give it a try but I don't think you're looking for a late twenties cricket virgin somehow!

Good luck with the search though, looks like a lovely place.

We absolutely would welcome players of all abilities and experience. We don't take ourselves too seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here