Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia or March

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I actually thought that was hughton's first real mistake I have seen.

I would have taken Murray off, pushed locadia up front and March out on the wing. Locadia is not a winger...he is a big unit that should play bang in the middle up front.

But I can't critisise anyone today. I actually thought that was one of our best performances of the season and at time we were just brilliant...the two goals were sucker punches and one of those things. We are so good at ball control and flicking the ball between each other.

Came away slightly disappointed but all in all, with the results going our way, it sets up the Huddersfield game as if we win it, I reckon we are safe.

Agreed, that’s exactly what we were hoping was going to happen. Unlucky, one of those days but still a decent perfomance overall with some great football at times. Murray had his worst game for ages........

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I actually thought that was hughton's first real mistake I have seen.

I would have taken Murray off, pushed locadia up front and March out on the wing. Locadia is not a winger...he is a big unit that should play bang in the middle up front.

But I can't critisise anyone today. I actually thought that was one of our best performances of the season and at time we were just brilliant...the two goals were sucker punches and one of those things. We are so good at ball control and flicking the ball between each other.

Came away slightly disappointed but all in all, with the results going our way, it sets up the Huddersfield game as if we win it, I reckon we are safe.

I thought Locadia looked shot by the time he came off though - either through tiredness or general frustration. He'd appeared unhappy for a large part of the previous 10-15 minutes, and at times abandoned tracking back completely. One time, that led to a dangerous Leicester attack and yet, when they came forward again soon after, he was standing still watching, leaving Schellotto to deal with 2 players.

Perhaps he's not used to that role just yet, but some promising signs in the first half. And, bearing in mind how long it took others to adapt to this level and how well they've done since, no reason at all for people to write him off. Not that it will stop some, of course.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Perhaps he's not used to that role just yet, but some promising signs in the first half. And, bearing in mind how long it took others to adapt to this level and how well they've done since, no reason at all for people to write him off. Not that it will stop some, of course.

He's no Ashley Barnes.....YET.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really, really not convinced yet about Locadia. Hope he proves my doubts wrong.

I'm pretty sure he will. But he really needs to sharpen up and maybe slim down a bit over the Summer to OWN his place in the starting line-up. At the moment he's really only showing glimmers of potential at this level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
March did more within five minutes of coming on, than Locadia did all game. People need to look past the price tags and judge what they actually see. Locadia ignored his defensive duties from the start - Schelotto left with two time and again, then when he recieved the ball his first touch was poor. Loads more to come hopefully but should have been hooked at HT today.

March had 20 minutes - brilliant run that led to the penalty that ought to have won the game, decent free kick, perfect corner that Bong ought to have scored.

March starts next week, in the shape that has served us well so far.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
March did more within five minutes of coming on, than Locadia did all game. People need to look past the price tags and judge what they actually see. Locadia ignored his defensive duties from the start - Schelotto left with two time and again, then when he recieved the ball his first touch was poor. Loads more to come hopefully but should have been hooked at HT today.

March had 20 minutes - brilliant run that led to the penalty that ought to have won the game, decent free kick, perfect corner that Bong ought to have scored.

Have you ran this past BG yet :moo:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not sure you’re aware how much Locadia cost and that if we don’t start him in every game, even if it’s in goal, then the club have dropped a huge one.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Disagree.

Although Locadia should have come off at 70 mins (with Murray), defensively he was excellent.

The LB only got forward as he tired, prior to then Locadia had him wrapped up. There was not one 2 on 1 situation in the first half, as our shape was excellent, so I’m not sure what you saw?

March did one good dribble and wasted very presentable chance to cross, but looked better than he had for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disagree.

Although Locadia should have come off at 70 mins (with Murray), defensively he was excellent.

The LB only got forward as he tired, prior to then Locadia had him wrapped up. There was not one 2 on 1 situation in the first half, as our shape was excellent, so I’m not sure what you saw?

March did one good dribble and wasted very presentable chance to cross, but looked better than he had for a long time.

Game of opinions and all that, but this is utterly untrue.

Time and again Chilwell ran down the left unnoticed by JL, who jogged slowly back

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Game of opinions and all that, but this is utterly untrue.

Time and again Chilwell ran down the left unnoticed by JL, who jogged slowly back

He really didn’t, until 60 mins onwards when he was spent.

As I said I really don’t know what you saw.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He really didn’t, until 60 mins onwards when he was spent.

As I said I really don’t know what you saw.

So you’ve already gone from ‘he was okay for 70 mins’, down to 60 mins. Any other offers?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Locadia didn't look too bad going forward, but defensively he didn't put in close to the shift he should have done. It was the same against United, where there was not enough tracking back generally, not enough tracking of runners, and not enough pressing. I thought he might have improved that side of his game today after guidance from Hughton, but he didn't really do so.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So you’ve already gone from ‘he was okay for 70 mins’, down to 60 mins. Any other offers?

LoL. He was okay offensively for 70, because he stopped tracking back around 60......

I get you like Solly more, but glimpses from the bench, is a lot different to starting. After an extremely positive start to the season, he has been poor when he has started and doesn’t warrant a regular place.

Would you play Knockaert against Palace?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
LoL. He was okay offensively for 70, because he stopped tracking back around 60......

I get you like Solly more, but glimpses from the bench, is a lot different to starting. After an extremely positive start to the season, he has been poor when he has started and doesn’t warrant a regular place.

Would you play Knockaert against Palace?

I don’t ‘like’ one more. I do think March gets a tough ride on here, and has far more credit in the bank than Locadia, who has a lot to prove. He looked promising at United, but average today.

As for Palace - why would I choose now, before judging performances in the Huddersfield game? I’d say that if whichever starts does well, then absolutely Knockaert doesn’t deserve to walk back in after letting everyone down at Everton :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To quote the learned gentlemen behind me, who also frequents this manor, “Locadia is very Dutch”.

When the little French fella is back, those two could have one hell of a petulance off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here