Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee left back

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I wouldnt disagree but when signed from MK Dongs was highly regarded. Any body seen Goldson play doesnt he play CB or LB.

Goldson is primarily a right central defender, though has played as a right back on occasion. If things got bad and a loan hadn't been sorted, would rather we either used Chicksen / Calderon or shifted to a back three until it was. Goldson at left back would have to be a last resort.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What has Chicksen done so wrong? He was viewed as an exciting prospect.

no right or wrong BG, we take a punt on a lower league player and they either make the grade or they dont.

He hasn't, he's to weak at this level

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read somewhere on the internet,possibly BBC Sport that Reading have a left back from some team in Europe on trial as he wants to come to play in England as his wife is studying here. Why are we not in the reckoning? Unfotunately I can not find it to give more details of name club etc.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I read somewhere on the internet,possibly BBC Sport that Reading have a left back from some team in Europe on trial as he wants to come to play in England as his wife is studying here. Why are we not in the reckoning? Unfotunately I can not find it to give more details of name club etc.
Maybe he's not good enough?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Because that story is 10 months old, Jure Travner is the name. Played one game clearly not good enough and they moved him on in the summer. This is why we are not in the reckoning.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Are you sure he is a right sided CB as I am fairly sure I read he was a left sided left footed CB?

I admire your enthusiasm at trying to find us a left back BG ; however, best left to the Manager to do that. After all he is the one getting paid to do it and he is the one who gets sacked if he doesn't suceed

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I admire your enthusiasm at trying to find us a left back BG ; however, best left to the Manager to do that. After all he is the one getting paid to do it and he is the one who gets sacked if he doesn't suceed

The manager may have the final say, but he relies on a scouting network to highlight players for him to look at, and I believe most clubs welcome suggestions.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The manager may have the final say, but he relies on a scouting network to highlight players for him to look at, and I believe most clubs welcome suggestions.

Perhaps and BG has made at least 10 suggestions for the position which is why I said i admired his enthusiasim

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here