Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee left back

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As we haven't got a left footed replacement except for Chicksen, who is our best right footer on his left foot in defence. I would say Holla.

I think right footed Uwe Hünemeier is stronger on his left than Rosenoir who is average on his left (i.e. not so good) rather than Calderon who is below average.

Chickson's main asset is his tenacity rather than lack of pace or lack of aerial ability.

What the actually ****! Holla at left back? Jesus you really are an Idiot.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'd proably put Rosenier at left back. Can't believe no one has thought of that yet

...and is where he played for Hull most of last season! Plus and a big IF but if Rosenior and Bong were out for ONE or TWO games only then Calde can fill in. Temporarily but thats why we gave him another year for things like that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
As we haven't got a left footed replacement except for Chicksen, who is our best right footer on his left foot in defence. I would say Holla.

I think right footed Uwe Hünemeier is stronger on his left than Rosenoir who is average on his left (i.e. not so good) rather than Calderon who is below average.

Chickson's main asset is his tenacity rather than lack of pace or lack of aerial ability.

You are famous on here for posting utter drivel and this one of your finest attempts yet, well done.

Rosenior has spent a majority of his career playing in either full back position but you don't rate him as highly in that position as a centre back who no-one has ever seen play there. You try to over analyse everything and come out with complete waffle even suggesting that Danny Holla who struggles to kick the ball with his right foot in his natural position would be better than someone who played, as a full back, in around 40 games in the top flight over the previous 2 seasons.

It's a natural choice to play Rosenior at left back if Bong is out for any length of time. We've got March and Murphy who can play on either wing, Lua Lua is going to be back from injury very soon and Manu, Baldock and Calderon can also cover on the wing if needed. Rosenior has done a solid job on the right side of midfield, although he does suffer from a rush of blood to the head when he gets into some attacking positions, so I am sure he'll be more than capable of going back to his natural position.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Problem solved:-

..........................Stockdale.............................
............Dunk.......Greer......Hunemeier...........
Rosenior............................................Lua Lua
............Bruno.......Kayal......Stephens............
...................Zamora........Manu......................

(Thank god I'm not in charge!)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Exactly...........................Seems Murphy wouldn't even get a game if you were in charge

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The solution is simple.

Rosenior plays left back and we go back to 2 natural wingers, it may actually help us, as it should force our hand a bit in going a bit more attacking again.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Reading that line up actually made me laugh out loud.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we are going to utilise a centre back would it not be better to play 2 out of Greer/Huenemier/Dunk with Goldson on the left. Is there a DS game this week that we could try it or perhaps get a closed doors friendly arranged quickly.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
If we are going to utilise a centre back would it not be better to play 2 out of Greer/Huenemier/Dunk with Goldson on the left. Is there a DS game this week that we could try it or perhaps get a closed doors friendly arranged quickly.

Or we could just play the guy, who has about 40 games at full back, at Premier League level, there?

I agree its a bit of a toss up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We could put Greer at left back. Bit of a problem, it is not like we have someone with top flight left back experience in the squad...

Maybe a few seasons ago and then only at right back. It is crucial that a full back has pace to keep up with the winger and block the crosses.

I think we might get away with playing a right footer at left back in the less expansive style of CH. The tendency is for a full back to distribute the ball on his stronger foot which means passing inside and starving our left wide man, being deprived of the ball. The opposition try and make the left back go inside if they can (especially true when we had Joe Bennett playing as he was poor on his right foot). A right footed left back is actually better at stopping inverted wingers so it is not all bad news. Blocking wingers crosses is not such good news though (Bruno would not be nearly so good on the left.)

The problem is compounded by out lack of left sided midfielders to help out in defence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People just do not appreciate what we would lose playing Rosenior at left back. It would totally disrupt our style and formation which has got us top of the league.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
People just do not appreciate what we would lose playing Rosenior at left back. It would totally disrupt our style and formation which has got us top of the league.

Not in my opinion, as well as Rosenior has done at right midfield he is not the long term answer, we need more goals from our wide men than Rosenior will provide.

Murphy and March should be playing wide until Kaz returns.

Rosenior moving to left back with Bong out is definately in my opinon the correct solution.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Maybe a few seasons ago and then only at right back. It is crucial that a full back has pace to keep up with the winger and block the crosses.

I think we might get away with playing a right footer at left back in the less expansive style of CH. The tendency is for a full back to distribute the ball on his stronger foot which means passing inside and starving our left wide man, being deprived of the ball. The opposition try and make the left back go inside if they can (especially true when we had Joe Bennett playing as he was poor on his right foot). A right footed left back is actually better at stopping inverted wingers so it is not all bad news. Blocking wingers crosses is not such good news though (Bruno would not be nearly so good on the left.)

The problem is compounded by out lack of left sided midfielders to help out in defence.

Is that why you suggested Holla a few posts ago. Whenever anyone mentions Holla PACE is all that I can think of.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

BG - pop along to the training ground tomorrow and demand you be installed as part of CH backroom staff. Don't know how we have got thus far without you so far ????

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon we should do something mad like play Rosenior at left back and stick one of the midfielders in the midfield. It's a gamble I know but it's crazy enough that it might just work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here