Loan Signings

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Not wanting to moan at the Manager.........but

Why have we signed two players on loan and we are not playing them. My understanding of the loan system was that you could bring players in as an emergency or you bought players in almost as a try and buy.

However, surely you do this after some research with the general thought that they are better than what you have already and will make a telling contribution.

Hoyte - Fine or better.
Thornhill - A player we had been trailing for a considerable time....... Permanantly benched and from what I've seen not better than what we have.
Davies - Looked great in first few games, admittedly I was not at Yeovil, where it would appear, in view of the fact he has not played since, that he either had a stinker or fell out with Slade. But again this is a player Slade has worked with before and should know whether he will fit in.

I am just a humble supporter but why have we signed "Loan" players we are not going to play?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Because we want to win?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The manager picks the team he thinks will put in the best overall performance.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Slade needs to be bold IF he is here on Sat. The following team needs to trot out.

GK Graeme Smith
RB Gavin Hoyte
LB Jake Wright
CB James Tunnicliffe
CB Adam Virgo
RM Elliott Bennett
LM Aaron Davies
CM Gary Dicker
CM Matt Thornhill
CF Craig Davies
CF Nicky Forster

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
Slade needs to be bold IF he is here on Sat. The following team needs to trot out.

GK Graeme Smith
RB Gavin Hoyte
LB Jake Wright
CB James Tunnicliffe
CB Adam Virgo
RM Elliott Bennett
LM Aaron Davies
CM Gary Dicker
CM Matt Thornhill
CF Craig Davies
CF Nicky Forster

What has Crofts done to deserve to be dropped?

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Part of my point with regard to Thornhill, goes onto the sale of Joel Lynch.

He has now been playing farely regularly at Championship level and whatever anyone thinks of his attitude that is above us. We got £200k and the use of Thornhill who it appears we do not rate enough to play.

Can't we send him back in exchange for another £100k?

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Savage was awful for us but.........................

He got fit and returned to Derby and got back in the team.

He is now captain. I don't see that sort of turnaround in Thornhill.

What about Davies, is he going to come back in?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has now been playing farely regularly at Championship level and whatever anyone thinks of his attitude that is above us. We got £200k and the use of Thornhill who it appears we do not rate enough to play.

Can't we send him back in exchange for another £100k?

The deal to sell Lynch to Forest was not connected with us borrowing Thornhill at all, either deal could have been done without the other. Lyunch has played 9 times so far for Forest this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports