Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOADS of Brighton Players - ALL Released

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Albion Release Longserving Trio (from The Argus)</title>

Albion release long-serving trio
By Andy Naylor
Albion stalwarts Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart and Guy Butters have all been released.

The long-serving trio are the main casualties of an end-of-season clearout by the Seagulls.

Boss Dean Wilkins and his assistant Dean White held meetings today and yesterday with the multitude of players out-of-contract.

advertisementMayo, Hart and Butters have been told they are not being offered new deals, together with injury-plagued Australian Paul Reid.

Released so far
Mayo
Hart
Butters
Reid
McFaul
Rents

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Sad to see them all go, but Wilkins and his staff obviously feel we have enough cover for them next season.

Would have thaught Butters could have had some player/coach role to help the youngsters though.

Well done and thanks to all 4 of them! :clap:

Oct 25, 2003
can't help thinking reid could've done a good job when fit, and butters is clearly good enough for back up

maybe he just wants to be playing regularly?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Albion Release Longserving Trio (from The Argus)</title>

Albion release long-serving trio
By Andy Naylor
Albion stalwarts Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart and Guy Butters have all been released.

The long-serving trio are the main casualties of an end-of-season clearout by the Seagulls.

Boss Dean Wilkins and his assistant Dean White held meetings today and yesterday with the multitude of players out-of-contract.

advertisementMayo, Hart and Butters have been told they are not being offered new deals, together with injury-plagued Australian Paul Reid.

my feelings is that this is sad news rather than bad news.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Thanks to all of them I suppose. VERY suprised to see Butters and Reid let go.

_791128_brighton_hart150.jpg
Legend. :bowdown:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hart has his testamonial game and hes not even at the club anymore, strange!!

Will hopefully be a great send off for him :wave:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would have thought Reid MIGHT have got a short deal but then we have no idea about how he has responded to treatment, his medical history etc so not really in a position to judge.

The other three make perfect sense however.

Should free up some half decent wages for new signings as well.

Oct 25, 2003
we could do with an experienced defender now to help the younger players

"Guy Butters has taught me everything this season, and to play with a player like that is brilliant."- a quote from tommy elphick

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
mayo has played a fair few games this season.. and played ahead of sam rents..
so i cant understand why we would let him go unless we are planing to sign another left back? mayb we have richards in the bag?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
McFaul, Rents and Martot all GONE too.

Albion Also Release Mcfaul Martot And Rents (from The Argus)</title>

Albion have axed three more members of the squad which missed out by a place on the League One play-offs.

Young leftback Sam Rents, Irish midfielder Shane McFaul and French midfielder David Martot have all been told they are not being offered contracts for next season.

Youth team product Rents has played third fiddle this season to Matt Richards, on loan from Ipswich, and Kerry Mayo.
advertisement

McFaul's first team opportunities have been limited since he was signed on a short-term contract from University College Dublin during the January transfer window.

Martot, on loan from Le Havre, is now expected to return to France and sign for Metz.

Mayo plus fellow stalwarts Gary Hart and Guy Butters have also been released, along with versatile Australian Paul Reid.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Would have thought Reid MIGHT have got a short deal but then we have no idea about how he has responded to treatment, his medical history etc so not really in a position to judge.
He's been playing in the reserves so he's obviously able to play in some capacity, rather than being a Hinsh scenario. I agree with the lovechild on Butters as well. I guess it depends on who we bring in but both I feel would still offer something to the squad.

Mayo and Hart, sadly their time has passed. Mayo had a great testimonial though and I'm sure Hart will too, and he deserves it. :bowdown:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
sad to see the big 3 go and also Martot and Reid thought they both could have parts to play!

Do we know about Sullivan etc?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here