Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We'd all still be living in the lap of luxury with free Wi-fi though.

Which is funny because then Boris came along with a £5Bn investment in UK broadband, which then changed target from 100% coverage to 85% coverage by 2025 (which still won’t be met) given money to all kinds of small in independent outfits + some larger. Half of which will go bust and be picked up by foreign entities for £1 in the future I suspect

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We'd all still be living in the lap of luxury with free Wi-fi though.

Which is funny because then Boris came along with a £5Bn investment in UK broadband, which then changed target from 100% coverage to 85% coverage by 2025 (which still won’t be met) given money to all kinds of small in independent outfits + some larger. Half of which will go bust and be picked up by foreign entities for £1 in the future I suspect

I think Is it POTG? is a little confused. Over the last couple of days, following Liz's latest cock up, he has claimed that he has never voted conservative and never would (and hasn't voted for a long time) and that he's basically spent 5 years and nearly 20,000 posts building a persona as a WUM. That's dedication for you :wink:

Except now he seems to have forgotten :facepalm:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1576130346235482112[/tweet]

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The tories want to implement austerity 2.0 and cripple the NHS all in the name of levelling up peoples bank account who have more money than they can spend in the first place.

An absolute wretched self serving bunch of *****.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The tories want to implement austerity 2.0 and cripple the NHS all in the name of levelling up peoples bank account who have more money than they can spend in the first place.

An absolute wretched self serving bunch of *****.

Most Tory MPs voted for Rishi Sunak, but it was the party members who voted for Truss.

This is quite revealing (if it is true)

[tweet]1575948032373293084[/tweet]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Absolutely losing it on Laura K. She needs a processor upgrade as she waits far too long before giving the wrong answer.

"Did you put the 45% tax cut to cabinet?"

Whirr, loading from floppy, Whirr.

"No - it was the chancellor's idea"

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Absolutely losing it on Laura K. She needs a processor upgrade as she waits far too long before giving the wrong answer.

"Did you put the 45% tax cut to cabinet?"

Whirr, loading from floppy, Whirr.

"No - it was the chancellor's idea"

I heard that and thought that's the beginning of the public divide between the PM and Chancellor.

Bit rude of Laura K to point out Truss' glitches at the end.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1576490556100055040[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolutely roasted by Laura Kinsberg this morning. Shocking performance. Yes, Boris has gone (and heaven knows he was pretty awful and most if us weren't sorry to see him toppled) but the one phrase that springs to mind is, "Be careful what you wish for".

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely roasted by Laura Kinsberg this morning. Shocking performance. Yes, Boris has gone (and heaven knows he was pretty awful and most if us weren't sorry to see him toppled) but the one phrase that springs to mind is, "Be careful what you wish for".

I didn’t think you could get worse than Johnson as PM. I’ve now entered a period of re-evaluation. Those Tory party members who voted for Truss instead of Sunak have probably shifted the next Tory government (after this one is kicked out by the electorate) into the 2040’s.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I think Clarkson sums it up well in his Sunday Times column in today's issue, I quote......' all I could think was that 600 stupid old ladies in Bournemouth had given us this prime minister simply because they didn’t want an Indian

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
from Jake Berry Tory Chair.

“That's the right motivation. It's how households work. People know that when their bills arrive they can either cut their consumption or they can get a higher salary, go out and get that new job. That's the approach the government is taking, we're saying: look, let's create growth so households can afford their bills”

How much of a **** do you have to be to come out with this type of bollocks? I mean it’s going to be a piece of piss getting a higher paid job duration a recession [emoji2357] . The wanker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Telegraph front page today" Truss only my plan for growth will reverse UK's slow decline

Not sure many people are worried about the slow decline anymore

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Telegraph front page today" Truss only my plan for growth will reverse UK's slow decline

Not sure many people are worried about the slow decline anymore

Whose been in charge for the last 12 years that have put us in that slow decline which has now been sped up at the speed of light. Oh right.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
from Jake Berry Tory Chair.

“That's the right motivation. It's how households work. People know that when their bills arrive they can either cut their consumption or they can get a higher salary, go out and get that new job. That's the approach the government is taking, we're saying: look, let's create growth so households can afford their bills”

How much of a **** do you have to be to come out with this type of bollocks? I mean it’s going to be a piece of piss getting a higher paid job duration a recession [emoji2357] . The wanker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with what you say except the economy is not in recession.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Hurrah - Some good news.

UK is not in recession as second quarter GDP grows 0.2%

In Liz we trust?

At last, after only 12 years of Tory robbery, bribery, corruption, the transfer of billions of pounds from the bank accounts of the poorest into the accounts of the wealthiest, finally, the miracle of trickle down is showing how well it works.
A massive 0.2% of rampant growth all in one quarter. I don't understand what people are complaining about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here