Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I can get behind opening the idea for a different approach, however what I fail to understand is how they didn’t have the foresight that there would be issues with confidence without the validation and costings?

Can someone please explain / justify this significant oversight? Is there more to this than general incompetence?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Is it a debt? They have created that money, not borrowed it from somewhere else. Presumably, once things settle down and over time, they will sell those gilts back into the market and take the money back out of the money supply?

Debt from the Govt (ie. us) to the BoE.....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it a debt? They have created that money, not borrowed it from somewhere else. Presumably, once things settle down and over time, they will sell those gilts back into the market and take the money back out of the money supply?

Or if things settle down at any point for the rest of our lives...

I've got three new UK based clients this week. They all want the same thing: SEO articles on how AI and automation services can reduce costs for companies.

While decreasing costs is always desireable, it now becomes a necessity. When people have to spend all their money on mortgages and energy, there's less money available for anyone who runs a company not in those sectors. Less income means more cost cutting and there's about five million jobs in the UK that could be replaced by cheap AI solutions today, and God knows how many tomorrow. It was always going to happen at some point - and that point is now. Those jobs are not coming back. And with that its very hard to see things "settling" for a long, long while.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Going back to Liz's media rounds, BBC Bristol clearly had enough of her nonsense

[tweet]1575393556067393538[/tweet]

She is being embarrassed and shown up by young, inexperienced, local radio reporters. Truss is, as all and sundry predicted completely and utterly out of her depth. This effing country right now.....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, because we can't get all our avocados from central and south America and no one really wants smashed marrow or runner-beans on toast.

Marmite?

Made in Burton

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
She is being embarrassed and shown up by young, inexperienced, local radio reporters. Truss is, as all and sundry predicted completely and utterly out of her depth. This effing country right now.....

She is so obviously out of her depth, I can see a situation, where she is unable to carry on, due to health concerns.
The fact she has disappeared for 4 days and then comes out seemingly completely unprepared for entry level questions, must be alarming for her aides and supporters.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
She has been put in place by the ERG and TPA who are both groups within the Conservative party, basically as a puppet or mouthpiece. She has a set script with answers and if any question goes off script, she can't cope.

I disliked Johnson intently but he did have the gift of the gab, albeit a childish one straying onto Pepper Pig or making buses out of cardboard boxes!

forgive my ignorance tb, TPA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here