Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in South London

borat

Jul 16, 2003
This subject has probably come up before but would be grateful for your informed thoughts.

Moving from Enfield and am looking to rent somewhere in South London with a mate. I work near Tower Hill. Where in S London do people recommend.

Cheers

Borat

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
borat said:
This subject has probably come up before but would be grateful for your informed thoughts.

Moving from Enfield and am looking to rent somewhere in South London with a mate. I work near Tower Hill. Where in S London do people recommend.

Cheers

Borat

Believe it or not where Millwall no reside isn't too bad and Crystal Palace (not Selhurst) is okay too. Wandworth is okay in places but means a tube ride to get to Tower Hill. Wimbledon is okay but very expensive. You could also think about Beckeham or Bromley although they're not actually London.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Loads of Albion in Balham and Tooting. :thumbsup:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Re: Re: Living in South London

bhaexpress said:
Believe it or not where Millwall no reside isn't too bad and Crystal Palace (not Selhurst) is okay too. Wandworth is okay in places but means a tube ride to get to Tower Hill. Wimbledon is okay but very expensive. You could also think about Beckeham or Bromley although they're not actually London.

Bromley's fairly buzzy without the being Croydonised. Brilliant train service straight to Victoria amongst others. Maybe cheaper than very close in to Town, but accomadation prices are reflected in the fact that it's a generally wealthy London Borough. Beckenham's similar, but smaller with not quite as much choice for things.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
cheers guys

wouldnt mind Clapham but a bit pricey. Dulwich looks ok and not far from Clapham for going out. Will have a look at Balham aswell

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Streatham, Norbury or Gipsy Hill.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I used to live in Gipsy Hill and didn't think a whole lot of it. I didn't have any time for Streatham or Norbury and what I've seen of Geenwich doesn't recommend itself to me either, neither did Balham. Agree about Bromley and Beckenham though although I was born in that area.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I'd live in Brighton mate and get the train to work, summers on its way, all those hazy weekends down on the seafront supping cold beers with ya mates !!!!

Its got to be better than that smog filled hell hole.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I lived in Gipsy Hill and have mates in both Streatham and Norbury and although not wonderful there are lots of places to rent which I thought Borat is looking for.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
would like to live in Brighton but the commute is too much door to door!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You'll do a lot worse than Tooting Bec.No moodiness and 20 mins to London Bridge.I'd recommend you get a scooter though.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
borat said:
cheers guys

wouldnt mind Clapham but a bit pricey. Dulwich looks ok and not far from Clapham for going out. Will have a look at Balham aswell

Think your'll find Balham nearly as much as Clapham, but both good choices for food, drink and fit birds.

Dulwich is nice; Herne Hill is a bit nearer the metropolis that is Brixton (and the tube!) and of course you get the cache of a SE post code :thumbsup:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Couldson is right at the southern end of the transport network but is relatively inexpensive and has quick transport links into the rest of London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here