Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton player ratings

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez 7 - mistake on the last goal, but two top class saves and a number of collected freekicks and corners etc.

Veltman 9 - the man is always exactly where he needs to be
Dunk 6 - struggled along with Webster and Salah/Firmino found way too much space between and behind the CBs
Webster 6 - see Dunk

March 8 - great game again
Caicedo 6 - not his day and had limited impact and struggled to win the midfield battle
Mac Allister 7 - was fine though maybe not as good as in recent games
Estupinan 7 - good game, especially in first half with some very nice interceptions. A couple of mistakes in the second but overall did well.

Gross 6 - the king has seen better days, just didnt quite get into the game today
Welbeck 8 - heavily involved in two of the goals and created lots of space for Tross
Trossard 10 - well, if you score three on Anfield, you're getting a 10

Lallana 6 - came on and basically just spread a few passes here and there... not much impact
Mitoma 7 - very exciting player, great to have him as a super-sub
Lamptey - played too little

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Interesting to see DeZerbi ball in all its glory. I would strongly suggest the club invests in more defibrillators, as goodness me my heart went a few times. Anyone who thought Potter played out in tight situations is going to have frayed nerves 😃…..

Sanchez - 7
Veltman - 7
Dunk - 6
Webster - 5 - thought his passing was poor, positionally pulled out too easily, and although some good bits, a bit of an off-day
Pervis - 7
MacAllister - 9 - one of our best ever signings. World class
Caciedo - 6
March - 8 - great on the ball, but fantastic work rate and defensively sound without the ball
Gross - 6
Trossard - 10 - second ever 10 I’ve awarded. Perfection personified.
Welbeck - 7 - bad miss in first half. Playing well though.

Mitoma - 7 - did well and owned TAA, though apparently not that difficult these days
Lallana - 6
Lamptey - n/a

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Good to see these ratings aren’t a gushfest just because Little Brighton got a draw at Anfield.
Liverpool were terrible, we are now pretty formidable, and really this game should have been over after the first quarter. The missed chances bit us on the bum.
Trossard 10 obviously.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sanchez - 8 yes he was at fault for their third but kept us in the game with a world class save from the free kick
Veltman - 7 always where he needs to be
Dunk - 7 tough afternoon for him but never afraid to stick his head in where it hurts
Webster - 7 others May view it differently but I thought like Dunk it was a tough afternoon but boy did he put a shift in
Pervis - 6 made one game saving tackle but also got booked and could have got a second soon after
MacAllister - 8 very solid moves the ball quickly
Caciedo - 7 worked hard
March - 8 was on fire first half with the manager in the week saying what an important player he was and knowing his use of wingers March rose to the occasion
Gross - 7 worked hard
Trossard - 9 I know he scored a hat trick but all with his left no way the perfect hat trick left foot right foot header needs to up his game
Welbeck - 8 outstanding could maybe should have scored two but his link up play dragging defenders made one silly foul near the end but Sanchez redeemed the pair of them with the resulting save

Mitoma - 7 only seen him play a couple of times but he looks the part
Lallana - 6 bit of a Camino maybe to settle the nerves of some of the younger players
Lamptey - n/a

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sanchez 7 - mistake on the last goal, but two top class saves and a number of collected freekicks and corners etc.

Veltman 9 - the man is always exactly where he needs to be
Dunk 6 - struggled along with Webster and Salah/Firmino found way too much space between and behind the CBs
Webster 6 - see Dunk

March 8 - great game again
Caicedo 6 - not his day and had limited impact and struggled to win the midfield battle
Mac Allister 7 - was fine though maybe not as good as in recent games
Estupinan 7 - good game, especially in first half with some very nice interceptions. A couple of mistakes in the second but overall did well.

Gross 6 - the king has seen better days, just didnt quite get into the game today
Welbeck 8 - heavily involved in two of the goals and created lots of space for Tross
Trossard 10 - well, if you score three on Anfield, you're getting a 10

Lallana 6 - came on and basically just spread a few passes here and there... not much impact
Mitoma 7 - very exciting player, great to have him as a super-sub
Lamptey - played too little

March a 9 for me and I think Caicedo was better than a 6.
I thought Sanchez had a brilliant all round game. Yeah, their third came from a weak punch but he might have got away with it had it not hit Webster but everything else he did was an 8 or 9.
On a side note there were a group of dopey kids in front of us calling for Estupinan to be subbed at one point ! It takes all sorts I suppose.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
6 - average

Interesting to see DeZerbi ball in all its glory. I would strongly suggest the club invests in more defibrillators, as goodness me my heart went a few times. Anyone who thought Potter played out in tight situations is going to have frayed nerves 😃…..

Sanchez - 7
Veltman - 7
Dunk - 6
Webster - 5 - thought his passing was poor, positionally pulled out too easily, and although some good bits, a bit of an off-day
Pervis - 7
MacAllister - 9 - one of our best ever signings. World class
Caciedo - 6
March - 8 - great on the ball, but fantastic work rate and defensively sound without the ball
Gross - 6
Trossard - 10 - second ever 10 I’ve awarded. Perfection personified.
Welbeck - 7 - bad miss in first half. Playing well though.

Mitoma - 7 - did well and owned TAA, though apparently not that difficult these days
Lallana - 6
Lamptey - n/a

Agree with this but with one addition,

TAA 10 (for us) he was shocking haha

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Won’t do a full run down as agree with most of the above, but thought Argie Mac was absolutely outstanding yesterday. So good that he wasn’t far off rivalling Trossard for MotM, and every time he got the ball in their half we looked dangerous.

Special mention for the way Webster initiated the attack for the equaliser. Too good for Salah.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
March a 9 for me and I think Caicedo was better than a 6.
I thought Sanchez had a brilliant all round game. Yeah, their third came from a weak punch but he might have got away with it had it not hit Webster but everything else he did was an 8 or 9.
On a side note there were a group of dopey kids in front of us calling for Estupinan to be subbed at one point ! It takes all sorts I suppose.

Estupinan was great, but personally I would have taken him off earlier due to the booking (which was harsh).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah, that’s a fair point. But they were calling for it earlier for missing a tackle. Same group that spent most of the game singing ‘we pay your benefits.’ Presumably they are doing so from their pocket money.

😂😂😂

I thought about trying to get “town full of shell-suits” going, but then realised fashion changed 30 years ago, and it was only me still wearing them 😉😃

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Special mention for the way Webster initiated the attack for the equaliser. Too good for Salah.

Yes, that was De Zerbi Ball in action. And he did it twice. It's high risk, but brings high rewards. The high risk will mean that it doesn't always pay off, and we may well get punished when it happened. I'm not getting the low marks for Webster, didn't think he did too much wrong.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The BBC match report has every single one of our players, even the subs, scoring higher in the player ratings than the best Liverpool player :eek:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The BBC match report has every single one of our players, even the subs, scoring higher in the player ratings than the best Liverpool player :eek:
Yes, but has been said a few times already this is a poll that is open to all, even though they may not be at the game, or even watching on TV or even listening on the radio. People start posting ratings as soon as the game starts.
Therefore it is a nonsense poll and irritates me that you have to wade through it to get to the other information such as game stats and timeline of game.

Having said that, other than Allison, I think man for man our players were better

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but has been said a few times already this is a poll that is open to all, even though they may not be at the game, or even watching on TV or even listening on the radio. People start posting ratings as soon as the game starts.
Therefore it is a nonsense poll and irritates me that you have to wade through it to get to the other information such as game stats and timeline of game.

Having said that, other than Allison, I think man for man our players were better

It’s bollocks I just scroll past them, I have zero interest in the ratings whoever voted on them. The match stats are much more interesting, the player ratings should be the last thing on the page.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, that was De Zerbi Ball in action. And he did it twice. It's high risk, but brings high rewards. The high risk will mean that it doesn't always pay off, and we may well get punished when it happened. I'm not getting the low marks for Webster, didn't think he did too much wrong.

Pulled out of position quite a few times, too tight on Salah, frequently rolled, felt like quite a few poor passes as well.

Did good bits as well, but not at his normal level IMO.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
really this game should have been over after the first quarter. The missed chances bit us on the bum.

Difficult to know really - if Welbeck had scored his header, would we have carried on pressing and created the other chances before they got back into the game - or would we have relaxed slightly and they would have got back in the game a bit earlier? We didn't really miss any after Trossard's second I don't think?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s bollocks I just scroll past them, I have zero interest in the ratings whoever voted on them. The match stats are much more interesting, the player ratings should be the last thing on the page.
Absolutely - it's a bloody nuisance having to scroll through it all the time. I've pointed this out to the BBC, but the 12 year old who's organising their match day pages is far to investerd in his/her absolutely fabulous interactivity (for other 12 year olds) function to move the damn thing out of the way of the more important stuff..

Last edited:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Caicedo was much better than a 6. He's given the ball in some tough situations where he has to get the pass right or it's probably a goal. Made some good interceptions. Pressed very well. 7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here