Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So much better than the Watford game. Proud of the lads.

Commentators ruined it with there Liverpool bias. It got embarrassing at times.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
I don’t mind losing like that and of course that may sound strange but apart from one silly mistake our side is showing a lot of promise. Structurally Brighton are playing very well and many times in the match Brighton looked the better side, especially in defence.

Let’s face facts, we were always going to lose this game and I must confess I was expecting a lot more goals from Liverpool, but the way Brighton hunted them down relentlessly everywhere on the pitch didn’t allow them to get those extra goals. As an example when Brighton had a corner just before the end of the first half and then lost the ball and Liverpool attacked, the speed with which Leon Balogun got back to cover his lines was phenomenal.

Really excited about the future of this team.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Solid job but fair result. 1 goal difference.

Propper only player I feel had a bad game. Seemed to give it away a lot more than usual. Duffy great again, Murray good in defense and nothing to feed off upfront. New players looked good.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent performance....really proud of the lads, could’ve grabbed a point.

Balogun looks fantastic - is he our best CB ? Ali also looks rapid. Great chase and tackle just after he came on and Locadia looked lively. Lots of positive stuff.

McManaman is a knob. Went out of his way to not give us any credit at all. Dick.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Balogun MOTD and a magnificent team effort

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great effort lads.
Not afraid in having a go at these club's.
I'm surprised McManaman never voted himself man of the match.
Duffy for me :clap:
Safe trip home Albionites :)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
. As an example when Brighton had a corner just before the end of the first half and then lost the ball and Liverpool attacked, the speed with which Leon Balogun got back to cover his lines was phenomenal.

Yes - saw that, excellent. That attitude really makes a difference.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Excellent performance....really proud of the lads, could’ve grabbed a point.

Balogun looks fantastic - is he our best CB ? Ali also looks rapid. Great chase and tackle just after he came on and Locadia looked lively. Lots of positive stuff.

McManaman is a knob. Went out of his way to not give us any credit at all. Dick.

McManaman shit player, shit commentator. Complete tool.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Who wouldn't have taken a 1-0 defeat if offered beforehand? A great performance and minimal goal difference damage.

Their passing was crisper and they pressed better but we looked most likely to score second half.

Take heart.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Happy with that. Gross was unlucky at the end but we worked hard and battled against one oft he two top teams in the country. Wish we'd done this against Watford... still onward and upward.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
So, we lose 1-0, but seeing as Liverpool have given us numerous spankings over the past few seasons, this is progress, real progress. The last 15 mins, Liverpool were almost hanging on. It took a top drawer save from a £65m goalie to stop us equalising. We look like a handy side, especially after Ali, Gross and Locadia came on, and against a lesser side we should see some results go our way. We deserved a point, but I think Hughton can take some real positives from this performance. Onwards and upwards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a gutsy performance with no little skill and attacking intent, especially in the second half. Well impressed with that, could have snook a point with a bit of luck.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Fantastic performance from the team, yes one mistake that was punished, but we created chances and on another day would have at least salvaged a point. Defending from corners - vast improvement. Loved watching it, and yes NBC were complimentary about Brighton!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Await interview with Klippity Klopp with full set of nashers on view

aid5011916-v4-900px-Tell-a-Horse's-Age-by-Its-Teeth-Step-1-Version-2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here