Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Performance has been fine except for the goal conceded however I'd like to see us be a little stronger in the 50/50s in our half - losing most of them bc we seem a bit scared

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
First team I have seen contain LFC for a while at Anfield, needed a mistake to break the deadlock. Nervous.....

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We've been dangerous when we've been direct- they're too good at pressing and we're not good enough to pass our way out from the back. Jurgen might add something in the second half.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think Balogun can take a lot of blame also. He could have cleared it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Mcmanaman is like a stuck record , how did he think we were going to play today? Take it to Liverpool from the first minute?

The commentary is atrocious. All of Liverpool's home games against the bottom 10 teams will be this one sided, they haven't lost at home for 16 months FFS. Some teams are going too get steamrollered at Anfield this season.
They're too stupid too understand the situation, think the tactics are spot on from us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bissouma has been our best player so far. Looks like a real find.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We’ve done ok so far and managed to get in some dangerous areas but not been able to get shots away. I know he messed up for the goal but having Bissouma in there has made a big difference. He’s been excellent so far.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We look more solid this year. Some of our defending last season against Liverpool was pub stuff. If we come away losing 2-0 i'll take that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mcmanaman is like a stuck record , how did he think we were going to play today? Take it to Liverpool from the first minute?

He is saying we are giving the ball away then next saying they are not attacking and passing backwards, the guy is a prick.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The commentary is atrocious. All of Liverpool's home games against the bottom 10 teams will be this one sided, they haven't lost at home for 16 months FFS. Some teams are going too get steamrollered at Anfield this season.
They're too stupid too understand the situation, think the tactics are spot on from us.

I'm really surprised is 'Macca' is being critical of us- think we've done alright....seen quite a bit of Liverpool and they've absolutely ripped most teams apart.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
schoolboy freekick leads to goal ... but apart from that just the one other chance saved by Ryan ... still in the game and we actually had the first shot of the game on target .... only look like we will score with a midfielder driving through them or a set piece .. but at least we are still in it :albion2:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Apart from the mistake Bissouma has looked lively and wants the ball, as always need abit of pace / outlet upfront - time for locadia imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Disappointing to concede like that but overall a good performance and as I'm sure has been pointed out before Bissouma looks quality. A great carrier of the ball, him and Knockaert really allow us to relieve pressure by carrying the ball upfield quickly. I love how Bissouma's first instinct is to turn and drive forward at every opportunity. Our squad has been crying out for a central midfielder like that for ages!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here