Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool vs. AC Milan

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I cannot f***ing WAIT for this match!

Watching the F.A Cup at the weekend and the general consensus among the locals is that the Champions League final this year is infinitely more eagerly awaited, also the pundits seem to be suggesting that because Chelsea and Manure have treated the domestic competitions with disdain of late, that the blame for the general snorefest around their mediocre clash on Saturday lies squarely with them.

Come on Liverpool, do the Eyeties again!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The FA Cup final was the worst I can ever remember, complete and utter gash. I watched it in the pub with mates and went to the bookies to watch some horse racing during extra time as I had had enough. Manure didn't turn up and it was a disgrace. When Terry lifted the cup I started a round of Seagulls in the pub which quite a few joined in with.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Uncle Spielberg said:
The FA Cup final was the worst I can ever remember, complete and utter gash. I watched it in the pub with mates and went to the bookies to watch some horse racing during extra time as I had had enough. Manure didn't turn up and it was a disgrace. When Terry lifted the cup I started a round of Seagulls in the pub which quite a few joined in with.

Where you in Manchester?

Utter, Utter Pants!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seemed everyone in the UK wanted an all English final. I expect Liverpool to get mauled but one thing I'm certain, it won't be as dull as most Liverpool/United/Chelsea clashes of late. Thank God United lost to Milan :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What's on the other side? ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the fact AC Milan lost in such humiliating circumstances 2 years ago guarantees that this match will be riveting.

Italian clubs rarely go out gung-ho, but if its going to happen any time it will happen this week. The onus is on AC Milan, but this will probably suit Liverpool's counter-attacking style of place.

Both teams are better than they were 2 years ago, and I think Liverpool will need their fans to be at their vocal best.

Overall, I think AC Milan will win 2-0 but, as we have seen with Liverpool in recent finals, anything can happen so nothing would surprise me.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The FA Cup final was so bad I left the pub.

I am hoping Liverpool get a dick slapping.

I do think they will win the league next year though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pavilionaire said:
I think the fact AC Milan lost in such humiliating circumstances 2 years ago guarantees that this match will be riveting.

Italian clubs rarely go out gung-ho, but if its going to happen any time it will happen this week. The onus is on AC Milan, but this will probably suit Liverpool's counter-attacking style of place.

Both teams are better than they were 2 years ago, and I think Liverpool will need their fans to be at their vocal best.

Overall, I think AC Milan will win 2-0 but, as we have seen with Liverpool in recent finals, anything can happen so nothing would surprise me.

i think milan were better 2 years ago, certainly up front

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
also the pundits seem to be suggesting that because Chelsea and Manure have treated the domestic competitions with disdain of late, that the blame for the general snorefest around their mediocre clash on Saturday lies squarely with them.
I'd say it was the complete opposite. The fact that both clubs fielded strong teams in all the domestic competitions meant that by the end of it they were hit by injuries and fatigue. Chelsea winning both the cups says to me that they treated them with anything but distain. Liverpool on the other hand were out of every other competition by march and only had europe to play for. I don't hear anyone complaining about thier dire performances in the premier league at the end of the season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
RM-Taylor said:
The Apprentice at 9 :thumbsup:

di you hear that last night on the bafta's where Richard Curtiss said..." When I win this award, we are going to kill that posh bird on the Apprentice":lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simon Morgan said:
Blimey, what makes you think that?

With a striker and a decent keeper I believe they will have an all round side, If they could take the chances they create they would be higher in the table.

Plus they are not going to be affected by the African cup of nations like Chelsea and Arsenal.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I shall watch it having avoided the 3rd/4th place play off that Chelsea won on Saturday! :clap2:

Prediction is that AC Milan will be 3-0 up at HT, Liverpool will come back to 3-3 before winning on penalties.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
dougdeep said:
What's on the other side? ???

I got tickets for the surprise Kooks gig at the Concorde on Wenesday...

Still, disappointed to be missing the footy but hey ho.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm seriously hoping Liverpool win it. My boss is a massive Liverpool fan and is out there now. He's going to the game, and I want him in a good mood when he gets back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here