Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool V WBA

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A west Brom goal was disallowed and A liverpool Penalty awarded.

And Liverpool missed and WBA have one wiped off... so really no bin dipper advantage despite having a scouse as co commentator, totally wrong, why not have Frank Skinner instead?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If WBA win his I do not want us to be drawn against them at the Hawthorns :nono:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was busy feeding me cats and getting a beer, how much added time was there?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, but in real time they were about level. For the last 50 years there wouldn't have been an issue. For the neutral, most people would like to see goals and not long interruptions in a free flowing game.

It's a tricky one. This game hasn't been a good advert for VAR. At the same time football is a MASSIVE business and people's jobs are won and lost over marginal decisions, so it is really important those decisions are as correct as possible. I've seen VAR used much more smoothly than today plenty of times, to the improvement of the game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pardew really taking this trophy seriously. In his particular case, trying to win over the fans.

I’ll stick my neck out and bravely say that one of the Manchester clubs will lift the FAC. Spuds, Liverpool etc have inferior teams and squads, which always makes the difference in the end.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, we could do without the Baggies getting 3 points here

Throstles. I think you'll find they are throstles. Otherwise, yes, no points for those people. Yes.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It's a tricky one. This game hasn't been a good advert for VAR. At the same time football is a MASSIVE business and people's jobs are won and lost over marginal decisions, so it is really important those decisions are as correct as possible. I've seen VAR used much more smoothly than today plenty of times, to the improvement of the game.

Indeed, agree about how the VAR could be smoother but it has proved it works by having the correct incidents reviewed and the right decisions being made.
They could go down the NFL route and have the ref give a quick explanation via his mike over the stadium pa as to why he made his decision after viewing VAR.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Will we start getting money back for the amount of game time lost? That should have been 8-10 minutes injury time, we got 4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here