Liverpool to appeal Mascherano sending off !

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think they are probably right to. It was only a bit of dissent, a 3 game ban for that is a bit harsh to say the least.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they are probably right to. It was only a bit of dissent, a 3 game ban for that is a bit harsh to say the least.

Other that the fact he had to be dragged from the pitch by his team mates, then dragged from the touchline by the Liverpool staff, with Benitez having to clasp his cranium gently in his hands basically to tell him to calm down, shut up, and f*** off.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It happens, people have bad reactions and have be dragged away all the time. Yeah he was a cock, but the game ban was probably enough IMO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It happens, people have bad reactions and have be dragged away all the time. Yeah he was a cock, but the game ban was probably enough IMO.

Probably depends to what extent you are wearily pissed off with these prima-donna DRAMA queens getting in referees faces for every. frigging. decision. Personally I was delighted at the 2nd yellow, it was richly deserved, and if the extra ban discourages a few of these pricks from arguing the toss over every f***ing thing then I think that can only be a GOOD thing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A game ban is not enough. It may be that the game he misses would be a game that the manager may have rested him or it may be an important game. But why should the authorities take the chance?

If they want to stamp this sort of behaviour out and create a respect for referees then they need to clamp down hard. If a key player is suspended for 3 games for an offence that is totally unavoidable, then the managers might actually encourage their players to behave themselves.

Shame on Liverpool. I hope the ban is increased.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
One game ban was acceptable, three is out of this world.

And you know how much I hate the Scousers.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Probably depends to what extent you are wearily pissed off with these prima-donna DRAMA queens getting in referees faces for every. frigging. decision. Personally I was delighted at the 2nd yellow, it was richly deserved, and if the extra ban discourages a few of these pricks from arguing the toss over every f***ing thing then I think that can only be a GOOD thing.

I was happy with the second yellow, and he probably should have gone earlier. . Should have got a bigger fine IMO, but three games is a bit OTT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One game ban was acceptable, three is out of this world.

And you know how much I hate the Scousers.

"out of this world" ? Hardly, but even so, GOOD.
As B of F points out, Mascharano could just as easily be "rested" by Benitez for a single game, which hardly makes it a PUNISHMENT does it.

If Mascara had taken his 2nd yellow like a MAN and stopped running around the pitch and touchline blubbing like a whiney little SLAG, he'd only have missed the one game. His behaviour was reprehensible though, and its frankly an EMBARRASSMENT to Liverpool Football Club that by appealing this ban they are effectively ENDORSING his behaviour.

WestStandLad

Jan 28, 2004
Sussex
My good Lord.. don't let the actual facts get in the way of things eh lads?

HE PLEADED GUILTY AND WAS FINED A MAXIMUM OF TWO WEEKS WAGES BY LIVERPOOL. HE ALSO APOLOGISED FULLY FOR HIS BEHAVIOUR.

They are appealing the length of the ban compared to bans handed out for similar offences. So many other players have failed to leave the field and gobbed off at the ref but received nothing like the 3-game ban Mascherano has.

I appreciate this doesn't quite fit in with some of the childlike, embarrassing rants on this thread but I'm sure it won't put and end to them :bla:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My good Lord.. don't let the actual facts get in the way of things eh lads?

HE PLEADED GUILTY AND WAS FINED A MAXIMUM OF TWO WEEKS WAGES BY LIVERPOOL. HE ALSO APOLOGISED FULLY FOR HIS BEHAVIOUR.

Woop-de-doo
He pleaded guilty. Well, he'd have a job pleading anything else wouldn't he, being as the world and his wife saw the evidence on TV with their own two eyes. That was BIG of him. Fined two weeks wages ? Pfff, so thats about £40k skimmed off his £4,000,000 a year (plus bonuses). He probably loses £40k a month in change down the back of his Land of Leather recliner. Apologised ? So he bloody should.
They are appealing the length of the ban compared to bans handed out for similar offences. So many other players have failed to leave the field and gobbed off at the ref but received nothing like the 3-game ban Mascherano has.

I appreciate this doesn't quite fit in with some of the childlike, embarrassing rants on this thread but I'm sure it won't put and end to them :bla:

So because the FA have decided not to follow the old softly-softly tap-on-the-wrist precedent, and have actually (FINALLY) made a decision to start CRACKING DOWN on this behaviour, they're in the wrong are they ? Come on.

YOU might shrug your shoulders at the constant and systematic gobbing off at refs, but I've been utterly sick of it for yonks, and I'm not alone. Its only because of apologists like yourself that this crap has carried on for so long and totally eroded any respect the players have for the referee.

A crackdown like this is LONG overdue. Mascara is the GIMP who's taken the fall this time - lets hope its sent out the message that this shit is not going to be tolerated any more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was at St Mary's when David Prutton SHOVED the lino. He got the 10 match ban for that, the stupid little knob.

What Mascherano did was nearly as bad imo, in that his behaviour towards the officials was agressive and threatening.

Ban seems fair to me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

:thud:

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Well, it this instance it is broken and the FA need to fix it. We have been waiting far too long for football to clamp down on this sort of behaviour and now we are finally seeing some action. They should follow the lead of their sister sport (Rugby).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

They tend to get longer bans like a few of the Arsenal players did.

However I think three would have been the right amount of games.

WestStandLad

Jan 28, 2004
Sussex
So because the FA have decided not to follow the old softly-softly tap-on-the-wrist precedent, and have actually (FINALLY) made a decision to start CRACKING DOWN on this behaviour, they're in the wrong are they ? Come on.

YOU might shrug your shoulders at the constant and systematic gobbing off at refs, but I've been utterly sick of it for yonks, and I'm not alone. Its only because of apologists like yourself that this crap has carried on for so long and totally eroded any respect the players have for the referee.

What the hell are you prattling on about? I've stated the current facts.. nothing else. I haven't at any stage tried to apologise for him you moron.

This thread accused Liverpool of appealing the sending off. They haven't. They've appealed the severity of the ban which when compared to other cases is overly harsh. Now it may well be that 3 games is a fair punishment. But this has not been the case in other incidents that have taken place so far. If it was a Brighton player this board would be in meltdown claiming unfair bias.

If this is the new way that players are going to be treated then fine. I'm sure the FA will explain this in the appeal hearing to both Mascherano and the club.

Hans - David Prutton actually shoved the referee and tried to attack the linesman in that game against Arsenal didn't he? And what Mascherano did was nearly as bad? Really?

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
A crackdown like this is LONG overdue. Mascara is the GIMP who's taken the fall this time - lets hope its sent out the message that this shit is not going to be tolerated any more.
easy 10, you're my hero. with you all the way on this one. he's a total gimp and gets everything he deserves. this has gone on for long enough. even if matches have to be abandonned due to too small a number of players on the pitch then that's fine by me as long as these premiership nobs eventually learn a lesson and start showing a bit of respect.
:bowdown::thumbsup::bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports