Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you agree with him that Palace v Brighton is amongst the top 4 or 5 rivalries in English football?

No, just that your examples of bigger rival fixtures are shocking. I'd say these are all much bigger:

Liverpool v United
Brum v Villa
City v United
Arsenal v Tottenham
Liverpool v Everton
Man Utd v City
Man Utd v Leeds
Sheff Wed v Utd
Pompey v Saints is also incredibly hostile considering how rarely they've played each other down the years.

In terms of how keenly it is felt, Albion v Palace is probably on a par with Watford v Luton or Oxford v Swindon I'd say - although obviously it attracts far bigger crowds than both of those matches these days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Complete panic buy, a la Adebayor. If there weren't so many poor teams in the PL this season, I'd be taking Palace to go down at 9/2.
But if there weren't so many poor teams, they wouldn't be 9/2.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Decent signing for us I think.

Still think we need another 3 or 4 players in to improve the starting 11 and squad though.

Big season for Pardew could be sacked very quickly if we get off to a bad start.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Decent signing for us I think.

Still think we need another 3 or 4 players in to improve the starting 11 and squad though.

Big season for Pardew could be sacked very quickly if our bad start, which saw us lose at home to a woeful West Brom side, continues.

Fixed for you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here