Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans stuck at Dover

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still is !

The North End of Birkenhead is a tough area as well but they aren’t Liverpudlians or Scousers, or so they tell me. That’s despite being only 5 miles from Anfield, sounding exactly like Scousers and supporting the blues or the reds.

My dad used to get annoyed being called a cockney (he lived on Tooley Street by London Bridge). As a Millwall boy he probably resented any assumed connection with the cockney wankers East of Bow Bells (Wet Sham); somewhat less than 5 miles apart :eek:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Plenty of real Liverpool fans going to the match.

The stuff about plastics is way wide of the mark. Most of those will be stuck on their sofas in Sussex and Surrey.

I know that plenty of real Liverpool fans are going to the match, but like the recent Rangers final I’m sure many turn up without a ticket…..I’m not bothered if they get held up in Dover.

Not sure what you mean “ The stuff about plastics is way wide of the mark” what stuff? my comments are not if that’s what you mean :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This coming from an area which likes to call itself the People’s Republic of Brighton & Hove.

From an area that likes to call itself the People’s Republic of Brighton & Hove :shrug: ???
Who exactly calls it that, I definitely didn’t call it that when I lived there for 30+ years, can’t say I know anyone that calls it that TBH.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s people not originally from Brighton that call it that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know that plenty of real Liverpool fans are going to the match, but like the recent Rangers final I’m sure many turn up without a ticket…..I’m not bothered if they get held up in Dover.

Not sure what you mean “ The stuff about plastics is way wide of the mark” what stuff? my comments are not if that’s what you mean :shrug:

Didn’t mean you at all. More the posters that are dismissive of LFC because of the plastics down south. I was just giving a different perspective of a locally supported team and what a big occasion this is for the city. I know a few who have travelled without tickets. They booked hotels and travel before the ticket ballot and whether successful or not they just wanted to be there to enjoy the occasion. I can understand that in Paris. Wouldn’t have been so good in St Petersburg.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Didn’t mean you at all. More the posters that are dismissive of LFC because of the plastics down south. I was just giving a different perspective of a locally supported team and what a big occasion this is for the city. I know a few who have travelled without tickets. They booked hotels and travel before the ticket ballot and whether successful or not they just wanted to be there to enjoy the occasion. I can understand that in Paris. Wouldn’t have been so good in St Petersburg.

I’m sure most of the piss taking on here is about the Southern armchair plastics, Easy 10 and his rants are quite funny IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From an area that likes to call itself the People’s Republic of Brighton & Hove :shrug: ???
Who exactly calls it that, I definitely didn’t call it that when I lived there for 30+ years, can’t say I know anyone that calls it that TBH.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s people not originally from Brighton that call it that.

It’s a tongue in cheek name. The Green and two red areas of Brighton & Hove shone out of a swathe of blue voting.
I’ve seen it several times on Nsc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here