Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans plan 1,700-strong legal action

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The three times I've been to Liverpool for Albion matches I've got on great with the locals in the pub before and after. I can't vouch for west country Liverpool fans, but then neither could people from Liverpool...

We’ve had many great weekends in Liverpool, a fantastic city and people. As are many other cities and parts of these Isles. It’s healthy to get out and see places, rather than sitting around at home typing petty hates.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Genuine match-going Liverpool supporters are among the best in the country. They love their club and city deeply. I really hope the 1,700 supporters who are on to this get the outcome that they fully deserve. What went on in Paris was totally unacceptable to Liverpool fans on that early summer night.

I have bought three books on the Hillsborough disaster. The best one being And the sun shines now. It gets its title from Alan Green's final summary on Saturday 15th April 1989 from Sheffield on Radio 5. To hear it I could well imagine would bring sad tears to even the most hardened-emotionless person. However, there are chapters that did not sit comfortably with me in this and another book. There were severe delays on their journey to Sheffield on that fateful day and there were accounts of that the innocent did everything right that day and my heart aches for them but also that the bottleneck near the turnstiles had a few that were inebriated. The police panicked and it was David Duckenfield that made the fateful decision to open the gates. We've all seen the pictures of Liverpool fans entering the bursting point pens of two and three (I believe those were the ones). What happened in that next half an hour I have tried imagining over and over again, just horrified being in there with no hope of getting out alive. There were supporters that were sick everywhere and lost control of their organs. So many had the indignity of urinating or defecating themselves with those smelly corpses being a human being with a name, a family. It was horrific. It was inhumane.

But a lot of those supporters near the back of the Lepping's Lane terracing had forced their way forward, desperately wanting to see the match on time. Had they known what they they were causing I would have expected them to turn back - which was impossible by then. I have said my opinion to a very good poster on here who hopefully won't hold it against me. Brian Clough was right. Reading his autobiography it's hard to disagree with his opinion when he was there as Nottingham Forest manager.

Why always Liverpool? A coincidence - I don't know. But most of us on here knew how grim big terraces were and Liverpool being so successful in the eighties, were given an end of Sheffield Wednesday FC that was inadequate and should have been placed at the other end of the ground. The cover-ups were disgraceful by the government and those bereaved families were hitting a brick wall time after time. As someone said, a few of those fans in Paris must have had flashbacks to 1989 and being treated like scum.

Let's hope for some form of justice because the actions of the French police were sickening as times have changed considerably.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genuine match-going Liverpool supporters are among the best in the country. They love their club and city deeply. I really hope the 1,700 supporters who are on to this get the outcome that they fully deserve. What went on in Paris was totally unacceptable to Liverpool fans on that early summer night.

I have bought three books on the Hillsborough disaster. The best one being And the sun shines now. It gets its title from Alan Green's final summary on Saturday 15th April 1989 from Sheffield on Radio 5. To hear it I could well imagine would bring sad tears to even the most hardened-emotionless person. However, there are chapters that did not sit comfortably with me in this and another book. There were severe delays on their journey to Sheffield on that fateful day and there were accounts of that the innocent did everything right that day and my heart aches for them but also that the bottleneck near the turnstiles had a few that were inebriated. The police panicked and it was David Duckenfield that made the fateful decision to open the gates. We've all seen the pictures of Liverpool fans entering the bursting point pens of two and three (I believe those were the ones). What happened in that next half an hour I have tried imagining over and over again, just horrified being in there with no hope of getting out alive. There were supporters that were sick everywhere and lost control of their organs. So many had the indignity of urinating or defecating themselves with those smelly corpses being a human being with a name, a family. It was horrific. It was inhumane.

But a lot of those supporters near the back of the Lepping's Lane terracing had forced their way forward, desperately wanting to see the match on time. Had they known what they they were causing I would have expected them to turn back - which was impossible by then. I have said my opinion to a very good poster on here who hopefully won't hold it against me. Brian Clough was right. Reading his autobiography it's hard to disagree with his opinion when he was there as Nottingham Forest manager.

Why always Liverpool? A coincidence - I don't know. But most of us on here knew how grim big terraces were and Liverpool being so successful in the eighties, were given an end of Sheffield Wednesday FC that was inadequate and should have been placed at the other end of the ground. The cover-ups were disgraceful by the government and those bereaved families were hitting a brick wall time after time. As someone said, a few of those fans in Paris must have had flashbacks to 1989 and being treated like scum.

Let's hope for some form of justice because the actions of the French police were sickening as times have changed considerably.

The Taylor Enquiry and Hillsborough Independent Enquiry both found that unticketed LFC fans didn’t force their way in.

A sewer rat who goes by the name of Kelvin McKenzie, with 5m readers at the time, created a false narrative. Almost impossible to shake it off, mud sticks.

Like the Ibrox Disaster it was a monumental f@ck up by the FA, police top brass and SWFC ‘safety’ officials. Plus thuggery since the 60’s glorified on this forum by a few, led to inhumane cages penning supporters in. These days corporate manslaughter charges would stick, H&S rules were far more lax in 1989 …. see Bradford fire.

The good that came out of it was the move to stadiums fit for the 1990’s. Except Selhurst.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
From the different experiences described in this thread, I think there's a lot indicating that some of Liverpools millions and millions of fans are pretty bad people while others among their millions of fans are pretty decent people. Almost as if they're not some separate human-like subspecies.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
More than 1,700 Liverpool supporters who have reported that they suffered physical injuries or psychological trauma because of the chaos at the Champions League final in Paris on 28 May have registered with law firms to make claims for damages against Uefa.

People signing up for the potential group claims include some who reported that they sustained broken ribs in crushes at the Stade de France before the match between Liverpool and Real Madrid, and many more reporting symptoms of anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder."

The end of Uefa?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

In all seriousness who funds this?

Each individual claimant or are they all collectively on some kind of legal aid?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Each individual claimant or are they all collectively on some kind of legal aid?

It’ll be no win no fee I reckon. If they win the lawyers take a big chunk.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Guardian article talks about a group action.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 16.23.18.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
More than 1,700 Liverpool supporters who have reported that they suffered physical injuries or psychological trauma because of the chaos at the Champions League final in Paris on 28 May have registered with law firms to make claims for damages against Uefa.

People signing up for the potential group claims include some who reported that they sustained broken ribs in crushes at the Stade de France before the match between Liverpool and Real Madrid, and many more reporting symptoms of anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder."

The end of Uefa?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I take it they lost the game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here