Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tribalism has returned already.

On R5, Chelsea and Spurs supporters being interviewed:

Chelsea - "Abramovich is a follower, not a leader, the club weren't behind ESL. Just wish they'd asked us fans".

Spurs - "The Spurs owners weren't at fault. They just felt they were compelled to join in".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Spurs are ridiculous. The last ones to pull out and none of their players spoke publically. Shame on Harry Kane as England captain. The fact they were even in it in the first place was a joke.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm hearing from someone, but not confirmed yet; but Real Madrid, Barcelona and the English 6 might face some hefty break clauses from JP Morgan from this.

If that's the case, JP Morgan leeched as much cash from this as possible - typical bank. However, the breakaway clubs will financially pay for it.
Doubt it. Really bad PR if they do.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
ESL Fixtures released for next season to coincide with the Champions League.

Group stage
14/15 September 2021: Barca v Real Madrid : AC Milan v Juventus
28/29 September 2021: Ath Madrid v Juventus : Real Madrid v AC Milan
19/20 October 2021: Barca v Real Madrid : AC Milan v Juventus
2/3 November 2021: Ath Madrid v Juventus : Real Madrid v AC Milan
23/24 November 2021: Barca v Real Madrid : AC Milan v Juventus
7/8 December 2021: Ath Madrid v Juventus : Real Madrid v AC Milan

Knockout phase
15/16/22/23 February & 8/9/15/16 March 2022: Round of 16 Ath Madrid v Juventus : Real Madrid v AC Milan : Barca v Real Madrid : AC Milan v Juventus
5/6 & 12/13 April 2022: Quarter-finals Ath Madrid v Juventus : Real Madrid v AC Milan : Barca v Real Madrid : AC Milan v Juventus
26/27 & 3/4 May 2022: Semi-finals Juventus v AC Milan : Barca v Real Madrid
28 May 2022: Final Juventus v Barca

All games live on PPV £25 per match. Choose crowd noise with no commentary or no commentary at all.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Liverpool's new owners? Could always sponsor the matchday shirt for Lewis

dunkin.jpg

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tribalism has returned already.

On R5, Chelsea and Spurs supporters being interviewed:

Chelsea - "Abramovich is a follower, not a leader, the club weren't behind ESL. Just wish they'd asked us fans".

Spurs - "The Spurs owners weren't at fault. They just felt they were compelled to join in".

There is a weird cult around Levy.

If only he sold the super league with the same skill he’s sold rubbish to spurs.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Will be interesting what the Liverpool fans think.......but as far as I know he’s the only owner so far that’s even dared to show his face.......

What I would like to see him show, is his face in the middle of the pitch at Anfield when the ground is full and apologise to the whole football community, world wide. Not hide himself away somewhere in deepest USA.

He is wolf in sheeps clothing .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is a weird cult around Levy.

If only he sold the super league with the same skill he’s sold rubbish to spurs.

Did you hear the Spurs and Chelsea fans?

Normal order restored, arrogantly proclaiming that Roman and Lewis/Levy weren't behind the ESL. Very protective of their beloved clubs.

The vast monies from the ESL would've cleared the Spurs WHL/pandemic debt in two or three years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spurs are ridiculous. The last ones to pull out and none of their players spoke publically. Shame on Harry Kane as England captain. The fact they were even in it in the first place was a joke.

Spurs are playing tonight, I imagine he would have said something then.

It was based on the rich list/fan base and international marketability, which is why they are in.

Which is another reason why it was awful idea.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Did you hear the Spurs and Chelsea fans?

Normal order restored, arrogantly proclaiming that Roman and Lewis/Levy weren't behind the ESL. Very protective of their beloved clubs.

The vast monies from the ESL would've cleared the Spurs WHL/pandemic debt in two or three years.

To be fair, most the spurs fans I speak to are completely against it, a few are saying they understand why Levy did it, however they still don’t agree

Shame they pulled out yesterday, would have been interested to see the reaction pre-game tonight.

Levy will punish the fan base for this by making zero funds for transfers

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My 77 year old lifelong Liverpool supporting pal said to me yesterday that he'd stop following his side if Liverpool didn't pull out of this cluster**** quickly, with a contrite apology from Henry. I will see him later today to see what he (and his adult kids, two of whom are also massive supporters) thinks. I don't really think it's the call of Brighton fans to decide whether Henry is sincere or whatever (especially those on NSC who happen to loath the 'bin dippers', as many do). He and his wife have been very popular among Liverpool fans for many years, and the missus in particular does a lot in the community.

I must say, in the picture, with the flowers and that strange jacket, Henry looks like he's at a funeral for a horse.

Which is ironic, given the mob in control of what he signed up to seem to be committed to flogging a dead one...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
To be fair, most the spurs fans I speak to are completely against it, a few are saying they understand why Levy did it, however they still don’t agree

Shame they pulled out yesterday, would have been interested to see the reaction pre-game tonight.

Levy will punish the fan base for this by making zero funds for transfers

Most Spurs fans I know - which is a lot - and they all have STs for which they pay more than double Brighton ST prices - want Levy and ENIC gone.

They understand why Levy went along with it - Louis (and Levy) didn't want to be left behind, and Spurs do have a huge worldwide fan base.

Like all the other owners Lewis got this wrong - very wrong and their statement last night (no apology, just drivel ) did nothing to heal the rifts with their fans.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Presumably the last team left in it will be declared Super League champions and hoover up all the money.

:lolol: like a hands on the car competition.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You can smell the bull-:shit: coming from the owners...

...and the money.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Most Spurs fans I know - which is a lot - and they all have STs for which they pay more than double Brighton ST prices - want Levy and ENIC gone.

They understand why Levy went along with it - Louis (and Levy) didn't want to be left behind, and Spurs do have a huge worldwide fan base.

Like all the other owners Lewis got this wrong - very wrong and their statement last night (no apology, just drivel ) did nothing to heal the rifts with their fans.

Yep, don’t get much change from a grand for my season ticket.

The clubs for sale, it always has been - they have a 2 billion valuation for it and Levy to stay on.

I hope this is the end of them - time for them to cash in on the investment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here