Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't go along with this don't punish the clubs as it affects the players and fans. Take Man U - Remember the Norwich scarves in their protest to get rid of the Glazers? Soon disappeared as soon as they won a trophy. They could easily have got rid of the Glazers if they boycotted the home games. Luton got docked 25 points for agent misdemeanours which is nothing conpared to this. We have 14 very angry clubs who could have been looking at a tv deal closer to 10 million rather than 100 million. So what is the best punishment?

Something like a 30 point deduction. That would relegate Arsenal and Spurs more than likely.
And a 3 year European ban. IMHO.
Harsh on the players and supporters but ultimately the buck stops at the top.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No amount of apologising covers this. I just hope the Premier League see's this as a warning for the future and puts legislation into place so something of this nature can never happen.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Wow, what a pansy, lily livered tweet that is from Arsenal. Pathetic.
I thought that, but then I saw the pathetic statements from Liverpool and Utd. Not an ounce of remorse, and Liverpool didn't even reference fans. At least Arsenal apologised somewhat, even if they look like complete weasels in doing so.

Difficult to know what to do next. My instinct says throw the book at them - points deductions, European bans, huge fines - but the first two of those punish fans and players. It's becoming more clear that the majority of players for those clubs we're completely against this, but haven't been allowed to speak out. Really hope the fans of each of the 6 don't give up until the owners are gone.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I hope this is the end of it. Probably not though. We are lucky with Tony and no foreign owners that have ulterior motives

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
A big points deduction will move most of the 14 clubs up a few places. At approx 3m a place nothing to be sniffed at. Regarding just punishing owners what is stopping the next set just trying to do it again in the future? That's why the punishment has to hurt fans and players of these clubs so fans don't take this stuff lying down. When you have bad owners get them out.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I’m in the ‘they have to be punished club’, boy they deserve it.

Unfortunately i’m old enough to assume that, behind closed doors, UEFA have given in on the changes those self same clubs were demanding.

I truly hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Wow. What an amazing 24hrs. Dirty dozen owners - how the **** did you misjudge that? Had me worried yesterday, but all pigeons accounted for in the roost.

You loose.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Man Utd's statement of their withdrawal is the weekest of them all.

No way. Liverpool....

"LFC can confirm that our involvement in proposed plans to form a ESL has been discontinued. In recent days, the club has received representations from various key stakeholders, both internally and externally, and we would like to thank them for their valuable contributions."

It's an absolute shocker.

Arsenal, btw, the only one to admit they misjudged it all.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Absolutely RINSED. The whole ****ing lot of them. Fit for (**** all) purpose. Now review the entire governance of football and get these Shysters & cultural misappropriators out of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here