Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
sketch-1618949777968.png

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The other 14 are now in a position of power, time to vote through reforms that readdress the balance.

First on the list should be a football ombudsman to oversee owner standards.

Next up, a wage cap.

Finally, a cap on agents fees.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Let's not get fooled by Chelsea and Man City pulling out, they have still been involved through the months negotiating this failure. Thank god for true football fans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly!

Liverpool and Man Utd have been lobbying for a greater share of TV money for some time. Nothing changes.

Lower league clubs will continue to face extinction at the hands of owners that have somehow passed the fit and proper persons test.

Will will not follow a German model of club ownership anytime soon.

Nothing changes.

Anyone celebrating tonight that this is a victory for football and we can all go back to 'normal' where everything is rosy is just deluding themselves.

Unless there is fundamental change around club ownership, this is just a recurring theme.

I agree with everything you say.

ManC or Chelsea will win the 2021/22 PL.

ManC, Real and Chelsea will be an arms race to sign Haaland this summer. Pandemic hit finances, won’t prevent financial doping.

The next Bury will attract the same lovely sentiments and the same zero £ assistance.

OT, Stamford Bridge and WHL will be full for every match next season.

The number one wish of supporters will be win to silverware by hook, crook or diving, the number two wish will be that a long list of other clubs have a disastrous season.

Dan Walker and all the other lickers will worship the clubs with the most petro or blood dollars.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Independent reporting government are going to push through plans for a German 50+1 fan model. Would be interesting, how would it affect Tony ?

http://twitter.com/olyduff/status/1384554688771670021

But glad to see Boris is nicking another policy from Corbyn [emoji23]

Obvs cant speak on behalf of all us Albion fans, but I dare say our fans would be happy to delegate that potential power/share into the trust and hands of Bloom and Barber...... Even if we could in theory own 50+1%, who wouldnt gladly let TB keep full control of the club. He's of us, he bleeds blue and white just with much deeper pockets.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Brilliant news - the big six have demolished much of their own power, influence and respect within the space of about 40 hours - couldn't have been planned any better.

Bye bye chinless Ed Woodward - never to be seen again with luck.

Wishful thinking - he'll surface again somewhere - probably as some kind of government 'advisor'

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I agree with everything you say.

ManC or Chelsea will win the 2021/22 PL.

ManC, Real and Chelsea will be an arms race to sign Haaland this summer. Pandemic hit finances, won’t prevent financial doping.

The next Bury will attract the same lovely sentiments and the same zero £ assistance.

OT, Stamford Bridge and WHL will be full for every match next season.

The number one wish of supporters will be win to silverware by hook, crook or diving, the number two wish will be that a long list of other clubs have a disastrous season.

Dan Walker and all the other lickers will worship the clubs with the most petro or blood dollars.

It may change however if government force a reform of club ownership.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The other 14 are now in a position of power, time to vote through reforms that readdress the balance.

First on the list should be a football ombudsman to oversee owner standards.

Next up, a wage cap.

Finally, a cap on agents fees.

We've got the moral high ground now too, with the whole football family and society on the side of the 14 and the massive PR disaster this already is for the 6, I dont think theyll be too many vocal dissenters to any initiative that underwrites free and fair competition and the prevention of this ever happening again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It may change however if government force a reform of club ownership.

I’m not against that, but I think 51% will never happen.

Chavski would have a valuation of £B’s, Abramovich won’t gift 51% of £B’s to supporters trusts. Courts would side with him imho.

Not just the money. Owners of clubs like control. Mansour doesn’t do democracy any way.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Well someone will come out of this stronger than before

Ladies and gentlemen moving six places up the most popular club ownership table I give you Mike Ashley

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m not against that, but I think 51% will never happen.

Chavski would have a valuation of £B’s, Abramovich won’t gift 51% of £B’s to supporters trusts. Courts would side with him imho.

Not just the money. Owners of clubs like control. Mansour doesn’t do democracy any way.

Yeah, I don’t see how it would work.

Just Johnson trying to score points

How much would it cost to buy 51 percent of all the PL clubs?

20 billion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here