Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
James Corden has slammed plans for a European Super League as the 'worst greed he has ever seen'

Having seen him at an 'all you can eat' buffet, I can confirm he's wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How to **** up a brand .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a manure fan, but I think they’ll continue to grow across the globe and all yesterdays haters will flood back to OT once the pandemic rules are over.

Football allegiances in these isles are so deep, as is the hatred and schadenfreude towards other clubs.

ManC and Chelsea will embark on vast spending sprees this summer.

Everything will be as was, except for banners and chants from the likes of Albion fans.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well said. Bezos is a very smart, visionary guy who’d have been a success at another business if not Amazon.

As far as I’m aware Mr Bezos is breaking no laws and has created employment opportunities and jobs for millions of people. He’s completely self made and had no golden spoon to get him where he is. Have you created jobs for anyone?

Easy to resent successful people.

Well said

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd imagine this is Liverpool. Players and manager furious behind the scenes and Kenny Dalglish in your ear.

[tweet]1384586718611918852[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Independent reporting government are going to push through plans for a German 50+1 fan model. Would be interesting, how would it affect Tony ?

http://twitter.com/olyduff/status/1384554688771670021

But glad to see Boris is nicking another policy from Corbyn [emoji23]

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
This has effectively been a failed coup de tat. Lets see what has happened to other leaders of failed coup attempts....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's a fan, so would it make any difference?

Yes because I think that model is no private investor can hold more than 49%, with 51% being owned by a collective of fans

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Independent reporting government are going to push through plans for a German 50+1 fan model. Would be interesting, how would it affect Tony ?

http://twitter.com/olyduff/status/1384554688771670021

But glad to see Boris is nicking another policy from Corbyn [emoji23]

It's a good day to bury bad news. The Government are just about to quietly bin the 2.6 million White House Style press briefings.

:lolol:

Back to the question, I'd imagine the majority of owners would be well against it. I suspect the introduction of an independent regulator with teeth might get the go ahead.

The question is what to call it.

O.F.S.O.C.

O.F.S.I.D.E. ?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
As far as I’m aware Mr Bezos is breaking no laws and has created employment opportunities and jobs for millions of people. He’s completely self made and had no golden spoon to get him where he is. Have you created jobs for anyone?

Easy to resent successful people.

You call it creating employment opportunities. I call it exploiting the labour of workers.

We disagree. Others will make their own judgement.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whatever happens the 6 need to be punished

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not a manure fan, but I think they’ll continue to grow across the globe and all yesterdays haters will flood back to OT once the pandemic rules are over.

Football allegiances in these isles are so deep, as is the hatred and schadenfreude towards other clubs.

ManC and Chelsea will embark on vast spending sprees this summer.

Everything will be as was, except for banners and chants from the likes of Albion fans.

Exactly!

Liverpool and Man Utd have been lobbying for a greater share of TV money for some time. Nothing changes.

Lower league clubs will continue to face extinction at the hands of owners that have somehow passed the fit and proper persons test.

Will will not follow a German model of club ownership anytime soon.

Nothing changes.

Anyone celebrating tonight that this is a victory for football and we can all go back to 'normal' where everything is rosy is just deluding themselves.

Unless there is fundamental change around club ownership, this is just a recurring theme.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's a good day to bury bad news. The Government are just about to quietly bin the 2.6 million White House Style press briefings.

:lolol:

What on earth is going on? They unveiled the briefing room a few weeks ago, now they have shelved it (after spending £2,6m on it) and now Allegra Stratton seems to have been side-lined into a new non-job? Has she fallen out with Carrie Symonds as well?

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here