Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Some of the club statements read a bit more than that. More like - 'we have signed this and it is happening"

In which case, throw them out now. There needs to be a zero tolerance approach to this immediately.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The only good thing to come out of this is I haven't seen ONE fan support it. Quite impressive really.

As for the "Big" 6.. relegate them all. Kick them out the league. Never, ever forgive them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If I've understood it correctly, it will also be self governed by the original founding members. :ffsparr:

Yep. That's how it reads to me too.

As El Pres has said on 5 live, it's a franchise competition with the trap door of relegation removed. Or words to that effect.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
i wouldnt be surprised if the management of the clubs accept this risk. with the calculation that once they are seen to be serious the national leagues would back down because its not much skin off their nose, better to let them play than lose them. this is about a replacement European league, not domestic, and up against UEFA who want to benefit from expanded new CL format that no one else wants.

Reading into things more there is a suggestion this is an attempt to call the PL’s bluff. They don’t think they’ll have any meaningful punishment.

Premier League... please prove them wrong.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I assume they won't be sued by the Super League for calling their new competition the Super League when there's already an existing competition called the Super League.

It could become very confusing for fans of the teams in the Super League who also happen to support teams in the Super League, if they are going to go to a Super League match and they're asked by a friend whether they're going to a Super League match or a Super League match.

I don't suppose most of the Liverpool or Man U fans who the people behind this are interested in have ever been within 50miles of a Super League game anyway.

I'll stop writing Super League now.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Arsenal are 9th.
NINTH.
Guaranteed a spot in this league FOREVER, and given £3.5 billion.
There's no way they can stay in the PL.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The only good thing to come out of this is I haven't seen ONE fan support it. Quite impressive really.

There will millions of soccer fans who LOVE the idea in far corners of Asia, Africa etc.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The PL should act now tonight and suspend them now, they have joined a new league as their statement has said. So go now don't give them a chance to squirm. Football will live on without them.

I’m worried the PL is too pussy to do anything about it.

Although a lot of us would be up for kicking them out.. It’s such an utter seismic shift for the the league to actually do it. May be just a bunch of fines. Hope I’m wrong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hopefully it will fall apart massively and the money men run away and sell up especially when they find out their teams in the fifth tier.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some of these teams will love finishing bottom of the new league - as someone surely has to.

It'll be a hard "new normal" to accept after being used to being successful year after year. I don't think their fans will accept going from being top dogs to little whipping boys.

Lol.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It’s 3.5 billon to share not each

I don't think that is correct.
It's been reported today that JP Morgan (and they alone) are contributing over £400 million for every club as a golden handshake (so that is £8 billion alone).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Arsenal are 9th.
NINTH.
Guaranteed a spot in this league FOREVER, and given £3.5 billion.
There's no way they can stay in the PL.

Spurs also a joke.
I still say Man City is a joke. Yo-yo club with new money.

Six English clubs in the Superleague. So it’s not even a fair representation of Europe where other countries have 2 clubs. And to top it off it’s all chaired by Perez and Glazer, so completely biased... with no relegation, and they decide who joins.

Absolutely criminal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot 2021-04-19 002128.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’m worried the PL is too pussy to do anything about it.

Although a lot of us would be up for kicking them out.. It’s such an utter seismic shift for the the league to actually do it. May be just a bunch of fines. Hope I’m wrong.

They should be suspended right away and if they stop their nonsense they would only be allowed back in with a 150m fine each to be distributed to all the other teams and have a minus 50 points from next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here