Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
They all have to get written permission from The Premier league as per the Premier league rules. That won't happen so if they do go ahead they will most likely have to resign their Premier League places.

Thanks for clarifying that and I have just read that buried in all the sky coverage. However, looking at lots of previous posts I think a lot of people have misunderstood that nuance and thought they were actually choosing to opt out of the premier league

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I could be wrong but is it not £3.5 Billion to share?

In exchange for their commitment, Founding Clubs will receive an amount of €3.5 billion solely to support their infrastructure investment plans and to offset the impact of the COVID pandemic.

Each. Euros not pounds.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm currently listening to 5 live, and the impression they seem to be giving is that FIFA may well be on board with a ESL. They already back proposals for one in Africa apparently.

Why does that not surprise me. The ultimate sleaze bags are in on the whole thing.

And the statement also shows how they are trying to use messaging like support for the pyramid and the women's game to win people round. Some people will fall for this shite.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
UEFA, PL and other leagues are clear that those in this European League would not play in domestic competitions.

However the greedy clubs will try and bribe their way back in with £££. I hope we shun that. I fear we (they) will not.

If our fixtures got moved to more Sundays etc because of this shambles, can you imagine it! That would be it for many. It’s bad enough as it is in the prem. can’t see this happening at all, but if it did it would be horrendous. And certainly NOT what the fans (like us) want.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Good luck with that.

Notice how quiet FIFA have been for starters.

Not the strongest of statements but...

44.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In one way it's quite reassuring how incredibly detached and clueless the owners of these clubs are in their misjudgement of what they think they can get away with plus the awful timing ... expecting to see some Olympic standard rowing backwards (bottling it) in the coming days.
This in spades. I am actually chuckling at this.

It is a completely crap idea that not even their own fans will want any part of, and just highlights the clueless cretinous gimps running most big clubs these days. They are nearly all run by oligarchs of dubious morals who know nothing about football but like the cache and adulation that comes with owning a massive club.

UEFA competitions, domestic competitions and the game at large will manage just fine while this crap half baked competition bumbles along in front of half empty stadia. Hopefully they'll all be relegated from their top leagues as punishment.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If our fixtures got moved to more Sundays etc because of this shambles, can you imagine it! That would be it for many. It’s bad enough as it is in the prem. can’t see this happening at all, but if it did it would be horrendous. And certainly NOT what the fans (like us) want.

From the looks of the latest statement it seems it has advanced beyond discussions to proposals. Whether it is now or next season, I imagine we have to resign ourselves to it happening sooner or later don't you think? Time to get ahead of these clubs, bite the bullet and out manoeuvre them. This is where the likes of PB should be listened to - if he is up for the fight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People on disgusting salaries have actually been paid to come up with this bollocks :lol: Probably flown for ‘business meetings’ and spent thousands of hours coming up with it! Amazing! Basically, to try and say it will help all clubs and is what the ‘fans’ want is ridiculous. It would also be mundane bollocks fixtures happening time and time again and would ruin football on a playing level too. Just doesn’t work on any level (apart from the bank balances of these stupid clubs’). Anyone worth their salt would boycott it in all forms.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not the strongest of statements but...

View attachment 135944

Yep.

Then read the ESL statement, especially the bit about other clubs joining and qualifying via 'achievements based on the previous season'.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say FIFA are covertly backing this ESL proposal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wasn’t Klopp moaning every week about there being too many games and “killing our footballers”?

Highly likely he hasn't been informed in any way. Alex Ferguson (who I believe is a director at Man U) has said today he didn't know anything about it.
It feels like it's been purely led by the sociopaths at the very top (most notably the yanks and that maniac Perez).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I really hope the FA and The Premier League do something. Kick them out.

Joel Glazer is the chairman of the Super League? Sounds like a real neutral appointment.

And the big Arsenal and Spurs who aren’t even good enough for top 4 this season and have barely won Euro trophies in recent history are in a Super League, just hilarious how obnoxious and vomit inducing this all is.

Kick them out and good riddance.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
From the looks of the latest statement it seems it has advanced beyond discussions to proposals. Whether it is now or next season, I imagine we have to resign ourselves to it happening sooner or later don't you think? Time to get ahead of these clubs, bite the bullet and out manoeuvre them. This is where the likes of PB should be listened to - if he is up for the fight.

Some of the club statements read a bit more than that. More like - 'we have signed this and it is happening"

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Like I said earlier the premier league should kick all 6 out tomorrow no one goes down and 8 come up from championship making a league of 22 teams again . Premier league should join with the football league and go back to division one , two , three and four and back to how it should be
The 6 teams should be told to **** off and never let back in again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here