Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Organised by FIFA, screwing UEFA and funded by a $6bn debt package from JP Morgan during the worst economic disaster in decades.

What could possibly go wrong?!

Oh I hate it. Its horrible.

I'm just pointing out that the belief that some teams are.leaving isn't true

However in reality they will play the reserves in the Prem

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This is the English clubs IPL moment.
They will be terrified of not backing the right horse.
The English Cricket Board chose to get into bed with Alan Stanford rather than the Indians and missed out on a fortune.

Any club will be fearful that if they don't join now they will miss the boat.

The world feels broken at the moment with everyone out to grab as much as they can. This feels like another nail into the coffin of society.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
domestic football is restricting the biggest clubs, they can play PSG, Milan, Bayer, instead of Burnley, Villa and Newcastle. the fans would love it, we'll probably all watch it (despite the moans now).

would we? I imagine most people on here are Albion supporters and don't support another team. I know there are some who do, but very few.

question is which of Tottenham and Chelsea wouldnt make the cut

Or Arsenal? I hadn't twigged there'd be just five EPL teams, I saw that they were talking to six.

The sixth will be very unhappy.

What happens if another team wins the PL this season or next? There'll be an almighty legal row

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
People should read the article first
Its not a breakaway league where clubs will stop playing in their domestic leagues.

Its a replacement of the champs league

a proper league wont fit with domestic schedules, they'd have to leave them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Or Arsenal? I hadn't twigged there'd be just five EPL teams, I saw that they were talking to six.

reckon Arsenal have a larger international following.

What happens if another team wins the PL this season or next? There'll be an almighty legal row

if its by invitation, no legal argument. if there's promotion, it'll change each year (rigged so as to keep numbers from countries in limits)

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Let them go (but make clear they can't come back and they can't also be in a national league)
Imagine how much of the plastic, commercial Americanised shite they would take with them.

It will feel cleansing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is the English clubs IPL moment.
They will be terrified of not backing the right horse.
The English Cricket Board chose to get into bed with Alan Stanford rather than the Indians and missed out on a fortune.

Any club will be fearful that if they don't join now they will miss the boat.

The world feels broken at the moment with everyone out to grab as much as they can. This feels like another nail into the coffin of society.

I wonder how many of the proposed 612 European Super League fixtures will be proposed to be played on other continents other than Europe? As per the NFL playing in London, you would suspect a certain number will be shipped out to the US, Asia, India etc.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good, about time. **** off and take your entitled fans, VAR, PPV and crap blinkered ex-player pundits with you and leave the rest of us to it. Liverpool and United out, send 4 up from the championship and 2 down from the EPL and crack on.

It won’t be this

Oh I hate it. Its horrible.

I'm just pointing out that the belief that some teams are.leaving isn't true

However in reality they will play the reserves in the Prem

I think it will be worse than that.

Man United “B” PL side will be made up of the best players from other clubs - they will go all out to have the best PL team and Super league

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You say we'll probably all watch it, but my interest in the Champions League was broken years ago.

The Champions League was never interesting for the simple reason that it has always contained a whole bunch of teams that hadn't actually won anything to get there. It has always been an also-rans league.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The game's gone.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday are not part of the giant English clubs likely to be invited to join this European League.

No need to panic, they are both beng lined up for the World Premier League, something more suitable to their stature.

"We'll start our own European League. With blackjack. And hookers."

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think if Liverpool and Man Utd want to go do it, let them with the caveat that if it goes pear shaped they are not welcome back.

Use it as an opportunity to restructure football in this country from top to bottom, with wage caps and a draft system and basically making it more competitive in terms of quality and affordabale for fans again.

Liverpool and Man Utd sell their souls to the devil, their fans will get to watch less live football, while the rest of us will reclaim the game thats been gradually slipping away from us.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The thing is that I doubt the owners will really care whether they win or not. This is the end game for them. It is about making money. So if they are making squillions then the results are irrelevant. They could end up having a player draft and all having the same budgets etc. What fun.

I would love it to happen and then we can have proper competitive football. I loved the championship and it would be a bit more like that. But then I watch lots of non-league so I love the sport whatever level. It is more about the day and the fun.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think if Liverpool and Man Utd want to go do it, let them with the caveat that if it goes pear shaped they are not welcome back.

Use it as an opportunity to restructure football in this country from top to bottom, with wage caps and a draft system and basically making it more competitive in terms of quality and affordabale for fans again.

Liverpool and Man Utd sell their souls to the devil, their fans will get to watch less live football, while the rest of us will reclaim the game thats been gradually slipping away from us.

Sounds about right to me. In basic terms they can do one !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Meh, it won't happen....

Last weeks idea was the start and this is all part of the process of getting what they want, we said no to that, they throw this at us, expecting us to cry please don't go, I suspect the owners will have not taken into account the average british fan, will gladly say yeah go on then feck off.
The logistics will work against a full time European League of "The Big Clubs" fans of German/ Italian and Spanish clubs, will not stand for this....
There is too much domestic revenue to be lost and a chance, fans will boycott it.
There is too much money to be made in the Premier League for them to venture off into the unknown, it is all about control, they are tightening the screws to see how much power they can wrestle from the smaller clubs, how much more money can they make and not share.

In my lowly opinion they should not really be travelling around during a pandemic playing in Europe right now, the only reason is money.

It would be a sad day, for football fans everywhere, I am losing patience with the Premier League big six, VAR and pay per view.....

It pains me to say, i am nearly done with all this bullshit, bully boy, rich boy tactics....

shit year, shit big six bollox, shit refs, shit var, shit ppv, shit goverment, shit covid, shit trump, shit, shit, shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here