Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music 2013

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Julia Holter starts my 9 gigs in 5 weeks odyssey tonight. Looking forward to it. I have Cave lined up for Sunday 10th Nov.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Julia Holter starts my 9 gigs in 5 weeks odyssey tonight. Looking forward to it. I have Cave lined up for Sunday 10th Nov.

Hope you enjoy Julia Holter- Seeing her next month. Got Cave on Saturday as well as tonight and Savages in two weeks. Its a great time for bands. Who else do you have in the mix?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This lot

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/181979/9

Personally going to give them a miss and utilise the time with drink.

I'll give them a quick listen at home and make a call but the name of the band is filling me full of dread.

I did however, end up missing Suicide through being non plussed about catching a Grinderman support once, I'm a little worried about making the same kind of monumental error again.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
There is a muster point for cabs at the Coopers Cask at 7 if you care to join us

Thank you for kind invite. The people I am with are coming from other side of town so probably end up around the dome i.e Wagon and Horses.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Having listened to a bit of tonight's charmingly name support act I would say one for fans of the moodier tracks by 'Come'. Which includes me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hope you enjoy Julia Holter- Seeing her next month. Got Cave on Saturday as well as tonight and Savages in two weeks. Its a great time for bands. Who else do you have in the mix?

I only started listening to her new album in the past week but I'm thoroughly enjoying it-really looking forward to the show tonight.

In order: Julia Holter, Midlake, Arctic Monkeys, Nick Cave, Billy Bragg, Motorhead, Savages, Deep Vally, Primal Scream.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll give them a quick listen at home and make a call but the name of the band is filling me full of dread.

I did however, end up missing Suicide through being non plussed about catching a Grinderman support once, I'm a little worried about making the same kind of monumental error again.

I once turned up too early for a Stones gig and saw Starsailor. It's swings-and-roundabouts mate :smile:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I only started listening to her new album in the past week but I'm thoroughly enjoying it-really looking forward to the show tonight.

In order: Julia Holter, Midlake, Arctic Monkeys, Nick Cave, Billy Bragg, Motorhead, Savages, Deep Vally, Primal Scream.

I would like to see Midlake but have never got around to it. Deep Vally I think we have discussed before- I did not enjoy them at Great Escape to be honest. Savages should be brilliant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet the Germans go nuts for that. They take their heavy rock/ metal very seriously!

Indeed. I have seen Motorhead before in Germany and they do love their rock and metal. A sizable portion of Germans are over-weight, middle-aged, beer swilling denim clad rockers. You will see them as much at football matches as gigs.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Indeed. I have seen Motorhead before in Germany and they do love their rock and metal. A sizable portion of Germans are over-weight, middle-aged, beer swilling denim clad rockers. You will see them as much at football matches as gigs.

You have to love an ageing rocker. I'd imagine they'll be a decent selection of mullets on offer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Holter was good and impeccably observed by the crowd. And given the nature of her music she needed to be impeccably observed; I could have heard a pin drop at times. Sadly no spectacles but her hair was up and it worked well with her long dress.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hate to report BUT. Mixed feelings on Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds tonight. 1/3rd of the set was great .............. was that enough? Just about.?!??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here