Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Little signs that you might just be losing it :0/

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Went swimming at the Triangle at the weekend. Walking across the car park towards the entrance and realised I was still wearing my slippers.!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Went swimming at the Triangle at the weekend. Walking across the car park towards the entrance and realised I was still wearing my slippers.!

Thats nothing, back when I used to do the school run it wasn't uncommon to see some still wearing pyjamas as well.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
This may be a London thing, but I often get out my cash card (used to be Oyster) to "swipe" when "entering" a pedestrian crossing.

This isn't recent, I've been doing it for years.

I chuckled to myself last week when an elderly person confused a barcode scanner on the till at a coffee kiosk with the contactless machine.

Poor dear relentlessly waving her cash card at the scanner hoping the laser would pick up the non existent barcode on her card.

A few days ago I did the same.

Quite worryingly I walked out of M&S without paying yesterday, but managed to very quickly reverse ferret.

Sounds like you've got it bad. At the opticians a while ago I tried to pay using my British Legion card instead of my bank card. Probably explains why I was in the opticians in the first place.....:facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When you get up in the morning, a good little rhyme to chant to yourself is:

Cuprinal, Anusol
Cuprinal, Anusol

This will eventually teach your brain to make the right choice.

During that brief sunny spell we had a few weeks back (sometimes referred to as "British Summer" I believe), I had loads of mozzies congregating in their little swarms all around the garden and patio. I went to town on them, basically committing mass mosquito genocide as I floated around our lawn like your Roger Federer, elegantly dispatching them with a forehand and backhand swish, or sometimes an overhand serve.

You're quite right. The static crackle of taking them out - with additional attractive blue flash in the dusk - is one of the most satisfying things I've experienced since I came across a reem of bubble wrap in an alleyway in Bolton (long story).

Now I'm absolutely hankering for a bluebottle or a WASP. Bring it on.

I bought a similar electric fly zapper last year. Spent the afternoons of the first away games of the season (Brentford and Burnley) out in the sun listening to Radio Sussex whilst exterminating bloody great horseflies and bluebottles with almost as much enjoyment as the match results.

Beware – I found the big horseflies and wasps do not die with a single shock. So you need to defend yourself and go in for a another shot whilst they are still a bit dazed.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I drove to Kent for a work meeting and discovered when I got there that I’d put the TV remote in my pocket instead of my mobile phone

As did the late and lamented Christopher Martin-Jenkins of TMS Fame, only he didn't realise what he had done and handed it to one of the TMS technicians to 'see what was wrong with it'...

He also turned up at Lord's for a Test Match that was going on at the Oval! :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sounds like you've got it bad. At the opticians a while ago I tried to pay using my British Legion card instead of my bank card. Probably explains why I was in the opticians in the first place.....:facepalm:

Back in those halcyon days of having season ticket cards, I presented my Tesco clubcard at the Amex turnstile more than once. :facepalm:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Someone offered me their seat on the train on Saturday [emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Didn't even startle it. But it HAS now met its end.

61zBIkYy7TS._SX522_.jpg

I always wonder how many flies having cardiac arrest are luckily brought back from death with those electric swatters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thats nothing, back when I used to do the school run it wasn't uncommon to see some still wearing pyjamas as well.

I went out in my wife’s underwear one morning…… took some courage the first time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't hit the ones that are already on the floor.

NoI I meant the ones who you have scared to death and are descending.I know you’re not the chap to hit a fly when it’s down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here