Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lithuania

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looking at booking a short break to Lithuania in late September. Anyone else been??

Probably looking a night in Kaunas and then three in Vilnius. Would people say it's worth the night in Kaunas or just head straight to Vilnius?? Also any recommendations of things to see and do? I've heard about Trakai which looks pretty, anywhere else??

Many thanks and much love.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Not much in Kaunas but Vilnius is nice. Its been a long time but there are some good bars and clubs. One piece of advice I would give you is be careful of Lithuanian girls. They are a little bit crazy. A Lithuanian colleague got really pissed with me in Vilnius one night and started biting me.. I mean BITING me on the neck , arms etc and she saw this as a come on. Apart from it being bloody painful it put me right off her. They like to look inscrutable and you never really know what they are thinking.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I went there in January 2008 on a trip with work to pick up a helicopter and due to our aircraft going unserviceable managed to get 2 nights in Kaunas. Thoroughly enjoyed it apart from the climate being the worst I've ever experienced however you should be ok in September. Some good bars there and still has the feel and appearance of an ex soviet state. I do concur with the above post though about the women being slightly odd albeit beautiful. Whilst in one particular night club I was in with quite possibly the only ugly bird in the whole country who then proceeded to start licking my face like a dog. A bizarre ritual indeed. Then at the end of the night her brother was practically begging me to come back to their place with her which I thought was a little bit odd. In my intoxicated state an offer in which I was all to happy to accept until my colleagues reminded me we are in a foreign country and I didn't know these individuals from Adam. Fortunetely I saw sense. Christ knows what there intentions were. An enjoyable two days away
however I was paid to be there. Had I have been paying for such a trip myself I probably would have been slightly disapointed. Although that said all I saw of the country was the airport, hotel room and numerous bars.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Not much in Kaunas but Vilnius is nice. Its been a long time but there are some good bars and clubs. One piece of advice I would give you is be careful of Lithuanian girls. They are a little bit crazy. A Lithuanian colleague got really pissed with me in Vilnius one night and started biting me.. I mean BITING me on the neck , arms etc and she saw this as a come on. Apart from it being bloody painful it put me right off her. They like to look inscrutable and you never really know what they are thinking.

They go like Rabbits though :)
Some of the most Beautiful Women in the world cum from round that part of eastern europe

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
They go like Rabbits though :)
Some of the most Beautiful Women in the world cum from round that part of eastern europe

Agree with most of that...lived in Poland for six years... but Lithuanian girls are different.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Thanks for the suggestions guys but seeing as I am going away with my other half I doubt I will be seeing much of the talent.

:nono:

Still it's a weekend away from renovating our loft.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
We have a lithuanian working for us. She is on holiday until monday, but I will ask her then on recomendations.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Well after our trip being cancelled due to Ryanair shafting us by moving our flights forward 4 days we've now rebooked to go middle of next month. Any suggestions on where to go are welcome.

Jan 31, 2009

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I've been to Vilnius twice with work and will be perfectly happy to never go back. Yes the talent is good....but outside of the old town - the place, is without exception, a total shithole.

And the old town will take you no more than 20 minutes to walk around.

There were some good clubs. Ended up in a local fast food place at 3am, minding my own business with a couple of girls I was chatting to when some of the local guys took exception.Heavily outnumbered it lead to a Benny Hill style chase through the streets with me exhibiting some fine "chest out head back" running to avoid capture.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
Vilnius is a small town good nightlife was very cheap in 06 £1 a beer,Watch out for the Taxi drivers:wink::wink:and visit The KGB museum very thought provoking.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mixed reviews then, cheers for the tips. Enough to do for 3 days?? We're going Fri-Mon, with a day trip to Trakai and the centre of Europe planned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here