Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lithuania Vs England ***Official Match Thread***

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I played on the pitch at Brighton Rugby Club - but I can't remember whether it grazes when you fall over.

It can't I suppose - otherwise I would remember.

I don't think so. It's worlds apart from the old Astroturf pitches that QPR, Oldham, Luton & Preston used to have. I seem to recall Poyet was quite impressed with Maidstone's when we played a friendly on that a couple of seasons ago. If they're now deemed to be of sufficient quality to be suitable for international football, then it must be only a matter of time before the Football League permit them again. Lower league clubs will be all over that, given the potential revenue streams.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't think so. It's worlds apart from the old Astroturf pitches that QPR, Oldham, Luton & Preston used to have. I seem to recall Poyet was quite impressed with Maidstone's when we played a friendly on that a couple of seasons ago. If they're now deemed to be of sufficient quality to be suitable for international football, then it must be only a matter of time before the Football League permit them again. Lower league clubs will be all over that, given the potential revenue streams.

I went to a match at QPR just after they installed the original pitch. It was terrible. Players were in trainers and doing that pitter-patter run (bit like CMS used to do) and the bounce made it look like a super ball. And it was coming apart at the joins. It was carpet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see we're playing not to lose again. We've only exceeded the target ten times out of ten as well. Woy OUT.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I went to a match at QPR just after they installed the original pitch. It was terrible. Players were in trainers and doing that pitter-patter run (bit like CMS used to do) and the bounce made it look like a super ball. And it was coming apart at the joins. It was carpet.

I played on Oldham's for our supporters club against theirs. Carpet covered in abrasive sand is more like it. Bounce like a tennis ball and skinned legs guaranteed. I wouldn't have wished it on Palace players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see we're playing not to lose again. We've only exceeded the target ten times out of ten as well. Woy OUT.

Nothing exciting about England again... And playing not to lose - I turned off after that lucky own goal. No young talent either. Lithuania the better team - we're shite..!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Nothing exciting about England again... And playing not to lose - I turned off after that lucky own goal. No young talent either. Lithuania the better team - we're shite..!

:lolol:

*whispers*

I'm actually really enjoying the game.

*looks round nervously*

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Get on early, that 12s won't last long with 100% record

Capturea.JPG

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suppose a win is a win, they are doing enough.

Move the ball a bit quicker and they'll score more, but what's the point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

You're right. What would a football fan get out of watching his national team winning away with a young, creative team dominating possession at what seems to be the Lithuanian equivalent of Pitch Invasion 2000? On reflection I can't wait to join the rest of the nation next time there's a weekend double header of our egg chasers losing to a nation that are way too fond of sheep followed by Simon Cowell psychologically torturing singing Essex girls.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
At last Walker and Oxo actually done something up until then they have been crap

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry if I missed it...is this a 3G pitch?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Goal apart Oxlade-Chamberlain has been distinctly average to say the least. The rest have been thoroughly professional though and how many times can you say that about an England team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here