Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lioness’s take a bow

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Lioness’s have just qualified for the World Cup in Australia beating Austria away from home 0-2

They have won all their 9 qualifying games with a goal difference of +70 :bowdown::ohmy:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Were they not qualified before the game?

Probably but they needed at least a draw from their last two games to be sure. They are at home to Luxembourg for the final qualifier.

Then they play a friendly against the USA at a sell out Wembley. European Champions V World Champions I managed to get a ticket and really looking forward to it, it will be one hell of a test for them but also my way of saying thanks for the fantastic tournament and letting me see a senior England football team lift a trophy.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Probably but they needed at least a draw from their last two games to be sure. They are at home to Luxembourg for the final qualifier.

Then they play a friendly against the USA at a sell out Wembley. European Champions V World Champions I managed to get a ticket and really looking forward to it, it will be one hell of a test for them but also my way of saying thanks for the fantastic tournament and letting me see a senior England football team lift a trophy.

I have been lucky enough to visit the US and Brazil in the last 20 years and my breath was taken away by the standard of footie the women played
over there. So, if I'm being completely honest, I don't really see England challenging these two. I would love to think I'm wrong.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have been lucky enough to visit the US and Brazil in the last 20 years and my breath was taken away by the standard of footie the women played
over there. So, if I'm being completely honest, I don't really see England challenging these two. I would love to think I'm wrong.

I agree, it will be amazing if they get anything from the game.

I remember visiting a sports shop in the US in 2000 and they had the international shirt, but it was a woman’s shirt there were no male football shirts.

They have decade's of experience over England, we are only just starting to catch up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here