Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lino with yellow flag

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Dunno his name as programme no longer says which one is which (although they are both called Dan, so I'll call him Dan). Clear long pull on Trossard's shirt literally, and I mean literally, right in front of him, just after March went down for the non-penalty.

What is the point of assistant referees if they can't see or give that? Complete and utter waste of space.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
All the officials were atrocious today - ruined the game & seems hell bent on letting Villa win and get away with murder.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I know this one. To flag for a foul when Villa players fall over.
Shortly after he flagged like mad when there was a 50/50 tussle - for a foul by us (of course).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And what's with not giving their flag colour anymore? To make them less accountable when they f**k up? I really want to know this tw*t's name for when he refs us in the future.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wasn't there.

I just it highly ironic that everyone automatically blames the officials, rather than the players who are actually responsible for results.

This place gets more like the anal-gazing tedium of the 606 phone-in every week.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wasn't there.

I just it highly ironic that everyone automatically blames the officials, rather than the players who are actually responsible for results.

This place gets more like the anal-gazing tedium of the 606 phone-in every

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wasn't there.

This place gets more like the anal-gazing tedium of the 606 phone-in every week.
The officials are supposed to apply the rules of the game. When a clear foul happens right in front of them and they don't give it, they deserve to be criticised. But according to you, we shouldn't even mention it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know this one. To flag for a foul when Villa players fall over.
. . . is the correct answer.

However, all we are doing is looking for excuses, the sole reason why we didn't get anything at all from the game is because we were awful today.

We offered absolutely nothing and played in a very stange system. Dunk & Colwill looked very ill at ease together, and once Lallana exited very early on we became overrun in midfield. Welbeck barely got a touch, and l've a feeling Trossard's head was already in Qatar, (well either there, or in Chelsea or Newcastle maybe.)

Either way absolutely none of our players turned up this afternoon. Yes ok l agree the referee's performance was poor, and Villa's timewasting infuriating, but let's face it, if they were to have any hope of escaping from the Amex with any kind of positive result, then those were the tactics that Aston Villa needed to employ.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wasn't there.

I know what you mean, one should get over it, etc. But it is fair to comment on the carryon. Villa played the officials, and the officials allowed Villa to meet their objective, which was to disrupt the flow of the game, by cheating if necessary.

Now, I agree that when a team is playing better, we simply need to suck it up and work out how to outplay them. But when a team is cheating and the officials effectively collude with them, it is worthy of comment.

I would feel a bit better if the clowns presenting on 606 called out Villa for what they were today, but they didn't. It was another great win for Villa, up to 12th. One Brighton caller, however, did sum it up precisely. Well done him.

Bob the manager sneered at Villa and the officials for effectively delivering 'Italian football', which he regards as altogether inferior to what the EPL is supposed to be all about.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dunno his name as programme no longer says which one is which (although they are both called Dan, so I'll call him Dan). Clear long pull on Trossard's shirt literally, and I mean literally, right in front of him, just after March went down for the non-penalty.

What is the point of assistant referees if they can't see or give that? Complete and utter waste of space.
Gave them a throw in :facepalm: ….total farce along with a few other things it missed

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wasn't there.

“I wasn’t there” says enough….you ’ invested’ sod all in the game

As regards to criticism of the players….there are other threads for that …match thread etc :shrug:

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not that anyone on here is at all biased, of course :flounce:
If it helps, I could bring up when he didn't flag for a clear offside against one of our lot?

He was woeful and had players from both teams giving him grief - arguably rightly so.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
“I wasn’t there” says enough….you ’ invested’ sod all in the game

As regards to criticism of the players….there are other threads for that …match thread etc :shrug:
I invest nothing in any game :hilton:

:kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here