Lingard straight in to the starting 11 on saturday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Ive watched him play in the United reserves quite abit, and I remember he scored a hatrick for Birmingham earlier in the season, so I got high hopes for him. He can
play CF to.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bloody well hope not. He'll be another dud loan.

Dear god you're tedious. You make kevtherev and ernest look positively excitable in comparison.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
its the end of rodrigues i would think

He will start as one of the front 3 surely

Not necessarily....why not in the middle of the park...its interesting that his position is sometimes described as striker and at others a attacking midfielder..i reckon he'd be wasted out wide

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Ince wasn't fit then Andrews would be the logical replacement. After a really poor first half v Hull, Andrews improved significantly after Ince went off injured, which suggests his natural position is probably the one Ince was deployed in first up. They can't both seem to play there. Stephens has done more than enough to justify his place for me, will be very happy to have him back in (and I'm pretty sure Oscar will pick him in the XI).

Lingard is supposedly quite happy as a wide player so if he is going to start, you'd imagine it would be in the role David Rodriguez was presumably meant to have played on Monday (but was miserably anonymous in).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If Ince wasn't fit then Andrews would be the logical replacement. After a really poor first half v Hull, Andrews improved significantly after Ince went off injured, which suggests his natural position is probably the one Ince was deployed in first up. They can't both seem to play there. Stephens has done more than enough to justify his place for me, will be very happy to have him back in (and I'm pretty sure Oscar will pick him in the XI).

Lingard is supposedly quite happy as a wide player so if he is going to start, you'd imagine it would be in the role David Rodriguez was presumably meant to have played on Monday (but was miserably anonymous in).

I totally agree with Andrews he's always looked far more comfortable/effective in that holding position....Lingards position I feel is pretty flexible midfield/striker

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
--------------PIG

Bruno---Dunk---Upson---Ward

-------------Ince
-----Stephens----Orlandi
Lingard-------------------March
-------------Ulloa

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
--------------PIG

Bruno---Dunk---Upson---Ward

-------------Ince
-----Stephens----Orlandi
Lingard-------------------March
-------------Ulloa

Lingard has said he plays wide left, so perhaps swap the wingers. I'd probably start with Buckley instead of March - keep Solly for the 2nd half.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Lingard doesn't start against Millwall, I'll be amazed. He should play behind Ulloa in my view. I hope that Utd have made it a condition of his loan that he actually plays unless he is injured. No more of the Obika one minute nonsense please.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If any of these Utd fans are anything to go by he will start without doubt.

interesting read

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...ans-react-angrily-on-twitter-to-lingard-loan/

I,m not sure the opinions on that are worth much. Until Lingard plays first team football for United I don't think it is possible for them to accurately gauge his ability.

Had a quick look on one or two Birmingham forums (not all of them) and have yet to see any reviews that mark him out as being outstanding.....yet. I hope he does really well here, but I think one or two posters expectations of him are somewhat high. I hope they are right.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I,m not sure the opinions on that are worth much. Until Lingard plays first team football for United I don't think it is possible for them to accurately gauge his ability.

Had a quick look on one or two Birmingham forums (not all of them) and have yet to see any reviews that mark him out as being outstanding.....yet. I hope he does really well here, but I think one or two posters expectations of him are somewhat high. I hope they are right.

I think you can take from that though is that he wouldn't be sent here if they thought he was going to be left on the bench.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think you can take from that though is that he wouldn't be sent here if they thought he was going to be left on the bench.

Yes, I agree......quite sure he will start games.

I just hope supporters expectations are not too high and put pressure on him. Ironically though, the only player I can recall who had such an explosive start to his football and scoring career was Trevor Francis.....of Birmingham City. I think his career went quite well....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good team, but you seem to forget that Spanish Dave always gets the nod for some reason. And I think you are being a bit optimistic in not playing a keeper!

Oops! TK!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports