Line of Duty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My take, for what it’s worth.

There will be one more series. How they get the old gang back together will be interesting. Maybe a secret Home Office investigation started by the ex Crime Commissioner whose name I can’t remember, with full Police powers to go after the real heads of the OCG.
I may be clutching at straws.

Let’s get this script going.

Carmichael is assassinated by lesbian plump prison officers sporting angry faces accentuated by Croydon Facelifts.

The Home Secretary, Pritti Blunkett secretly meets Hastings, Arnott and Fleming, to ask them to finish what they started.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Let’s get this script going.

Carmichael is assassinated by lesbian plump prison officers sporting angry faces accentuated by Croydon Facelifts.

The Home Secretary, Pritti Blunkett secretly meets Hastings, Arnott and Fleming, to ask them to finish what they started.

And VanTam is “H”.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This is the entertainment business, I want to be entertained! The reason Hollywood always alters true stories is because real life is actually quite boring in comparison. If I wanted commentary on the ills of modern society I could just read opinion pieces from the Guardian

Mercurio can write what he wants though. As I said, this whole series was inspired by real life events. Try and write your own entertaining drama then and see how you get on?

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Poor Vegetable must look at every thread and try and squeeze some politics into it, can’t wait for the Eurovision Song Contest Official Match Thread …

I appreciate he can’t see this post though. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Call me a fool, but I do like a break from party politics. Especially late on a Sunday evening when discussing TV.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This is the entertainment business, I want to be entertained! The reason Hollywood always alters true stories is because real life is actually quite boring in comparison. If I wanted commentary on the ills of modern society I could just read opinion pieces from the Guardian

Well you must have made it through nearly 6 series of a very talky drama to get this far. Good though they've been, the previous series have hardly been all action. Maybe give Fast and Furious or something a go.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Jed was trying to be too clever at the end there. The real ‘H’ was obviously institutional corruption rather than an individual. The fact that Buccles was the big-wig just demonstrated how poor the Police force are at taking accountability.

I thought it was fine but not a finale based on the action or drama most people wanted.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Loved the first few series. Final one was awful. And they definitely saved the worst til last. Dreadful ending. Weak. Very weak indeed. Jed’s earned his millions but I was left hoping they don’t let him near a pen again.

Shows how hard it is to write top quality drama over multiple series. It’s our own fault for demanding more and more. We know how to ruin a good thing!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mercurio can write what he wants though. As I said, this whole series was inspired by real life events. Try and write your own entertaining drama then and see how you get on?

Using that logic for football, no-one would be allowed an opinion on the players unless they were a player.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
First time I watched it to tonight to see what the fuss was all about.
I really enjoyed it.
Excellent acting that created a gripping atmosphere.
I was glued to the screen because I didn't want to miss a telling facial expression or freudian slip.
Great stuff.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
First time I watched it to tonight to see what the fuss was all about.
I really enjoyed it.
Excellent acting that created a gripping atmosphere.
I was glued to the screen because I didn't want to miss a telling facial expression or freudian slip.
Great stuff.

If you thought tonight was good you will love the very first series.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Not my line of work fella, why aren't you writing an entertaining drama if you're such an expert :shrug:

If we're going down this road why doesn't Mercurio have a go at my job and install a call centre? If I f*ck that up and Jed can't reach customer services because of me I'll welcome his criticism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports