Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Thought Ryan went a bit Bond villain at the end, surely the whole plan was to get out of the car and shoot her, not spend 5minutes bragging about how dastardly he is before asking her to put her gun down.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The subtle little clue tonight was the photo of the squad of Police Officers on the wall of Hastings office.

There was a young Hastings in it, but it was too quick to see if Thurwell( Jimmy Nesbitt) was in it as well. Could be, both from Northern Ireland. I’ll watch the repeat on I player tomorrow, and freeze frame it.

Line of Duty rarely shows anything that is irrelevant, and it made a point of Hastings looking at the photo.

As I said last week ...

I thought that they'd be more made of the NI connection in this series - Ted Hastings rarely talks about it - but there seemed to hints that he moved to GB for some reason. All we know is that he was a Catholic officer in the RUC (a rare beast indeed) and that he narrowly escaped being killed by a bomb (in which his best mate died) but I wonder if more detail will surface.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Hastings does... but he said he did it deliberately to copy the spelling of the OCG member in the last series.

God I hope they don't start up the whole "is Hastings H" thing again.

It simply doesn't make sense based on anything we've ever been shown about his lifestyle. And even if they do pull out a load of photos showing him on a Caribbean beach with a load of hot babes with balaclavas and pina coladas it completely pulls the rug out from the whole series. It's the sort of twist a 13 year old would come up with just to be "edgy". Or whatever 13 year olds say nowadays.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone else pick up on the 'art imitating life' scenario now with the Lawrence Christopher plot thread, Christopher was murdered in a racially motivated attack by 5 white youths, he was an architect, one his alleged killers was the son of Tommy Hunter, the said 5 despite a number of tip offs weren't arrested until a period of time after the murder, when forensic and DNA evidence had been lost.

Stephen Lawrence wanted to be an architect, he was killed by 5 white youths, one of them was David Norris son of Clifford Norris a South London Gangster, and Norris Snr Met Police handler who allegedly obstructed the Lawrence murder enquiry 'retired' from the Met and lives in Spain like Jimmy Nesbitt's character.

I do wonder how its gone down with Doreen Lawrence and her family?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone else pick up on the 'art imitating life' scenario now with the Lawrence Christopher plot thread, Christopher was murdered in a racially motivated attack by 5 white youths, he was an architect, one his alleged killers was the son of Tommy Hunter, the said 5 despite a number of tip offs weren't arrested until a period of time after the murder, when forensic and DNA evidence had been lost.

Stephen Lawrence wanted to be an architect, he was killed by 5 white youths, one of them was David Norris son of Clifford Norris a South London Gangster, and Norris Snr Met Police handler who allegedly obstructed the Lawrence murder enquiry 'retired' from the Met and lives in Spain like Jimmy Nesbitt's character.

I do wonder how its gone down with Doreen Lawrence and her family?

Similarly where in an earlier series where they introduced Leeds United’s finest Jimmy Savile and their own local politician equivalent of Cyril Smith (grotesquely obese and a bully).

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Anyone else pick up on the 'art imitating life' scenario now with the Lawrence Christopher plot thread

The murder of the journalist on her own doorstep may well be in reference to Jill Dando.

Also, in an art imitates art style, Arnott and Fleming's radio call signs are the same as Bodie and Doyle's! (three-seven and four-five)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I can't work out who Jo is related to any why that's an issue. Can anyone explain?

Davidson is a blood relative of Tommy Hunter who was nicked in the Tony Gates series, informed on people in the OCG and was murdered in Series 2. We've also found out that her next of kin, Samantha Davidson is reported as dead. We assume that Samantha is her mum and the woman in the photo that she threw the glass at. I reckon that she might have been Tommy's sister and that Jo was coerced into working for the OCG for some reason connected with her. Darren Hunter, the son of Tommy who was involved in the murder of Lawrence Christopher would be her cousin. Perhaps her mother pressured her to protect him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here