Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincolnshire school denied top rating for being 'Too White'

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Absolutely patronising drivel .....

Of course you encourage all the virtues that are necessary to function within the modern world, but you lot that foist upon, arguably a far more tolerant and less religiously driven or divided community, a set of termly visits to some proclaimed multi cultural centre that we are told might broaden our otherwise flawed predominately white communities is quite frankly offensive.

What most people would find offensive would be the assumption that somehow the predominantly white community that "us lot" are espousing educating, is superior.

As for religiously driven and divided, then we in the UK in particular live in a very glass house and should be careful about throwing stones. Belfast, Glasgow & Liverpool are all cities with a long standing history of sectarian violence between rival 'Christians'.

As I pointed put above, a one-off trip to a Mosque isn't particularly educational when considered in isolation, but fortunately most chools are a little more enlightened and cross curriculum projects are quite common now and allow for a much deeper and broader understanding of all aspects of a different culture rather than a week of Islam and a week of Judaism in RS which was all I got at school in the 70s.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The strange thing is, Lincoln is not very diverse in a racial sense. Lots of immigrants, but white immigrants from Poland. I find it odd, however, schools ought to reflect demographics. It's not about being "ultra" PC, it's abouts growing up in an environment, whether you agree or not, which will be different and diverse.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Absolutely patronising drivel .....

Of course you encourage all the virtues that are necessary to function within the modern world, but you lot that foist upon, arguably a far more tolerant and less religiously driven or divided community, a set of termly visits to some proclaimed multi cultural centre that we are told might broaden our otherwise flawed predominately white communities is quite frankly offensive.

Personally I would not argue at all with your "more tolerant and less religiously driven" point, but anything that increases our understanding of how other people live their lives has surely got to be a good thing. I am 61, consider myself pretty tolerant and understanding, but also recognise that I still have a lot to learn.

Apart from anything else, I find the whole area really interesting, but then I am probably fairly sad.

Jan 30, 2008
What most people would find offensive would be the assumption that somehow the predominantly white community that "us lot" are espousing educating, is superior.

As for religiously driven and divided, then we in the UK in particular live in a very glass house and should be careful about throwing stones. Belfast, Glasgow & Liverpool are all cities with a long standing history of sectarian violence between rival 'Christians'.

As I pointed put above, a one-off trip to a Mosque isn't particularly educational when considered in isolation, but fortunately most chools are a little more enlightened and cross curriculum projects are quite common now and allow for a much deeper and broader understanding of all aspects of a different culture rather than a week of Islam and a week of Judaism in RS which was all I got at school in the 70s.
why would you want anymore those days FFS ,just goes to show how infiltrated we've become, HOW MANY PARENTS THESE DAYS WANT THEIR CHILDREN EXPOSED TO RELIGIOUS CODS WALLOP ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
As a regular visitor to Lincolnshire I can assure you that the risk they will become racist bigots is extraordinarily high. Its a pretty part of the country mysteriously trapped in attitudes most hoped had disappeared after they stopped showing Love Thy Neighbour.
BIT LIKE CORNWALL , nothing wrong in keeping your identity
regards
DR

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why the hell should kids be taught about culture and diversity...surely kids from other cultural back grounds should be taught about our culture i,e drinking and shagging?its not our responsibility to change for other cultures.

Load of bollocks as usual

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
As a regular visitor to Lincolnshire I can assure you that the risk they will become racist bigots is extraordinarily high. Its a pretty part of the country mysteriously trapped in attitudes most hoped had disappeared after they stopped showing Love Thy Neighbour.

Actually, Love Thy Neighbour showed indigenous and Caribbean people laughing at each other. The comedy was subtle and light-hearted. The commissars of multiculturalism have poisoned race-relations with their agenda of political correctness. They and continued, unsustainable levels of immigration about which the indigenous people have never been consulted and are therefore undemocratic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why the hell should kids be taught about culture and diversity...surely kids from other cultural back grounds should be taught about our culture i,e drinking and shagging?

This happens already. It's called "Crawley".

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A single half day exposure won't deliver a Eureka moment, for sure. But it's better than nothing. Besides, they might get more than one trip. Also, elsewhere in the piece, they say that the school are trying set up a partnership with an inner city school. These things should add to the likelihood that the kids will turn out to be balanced, reasonable adults. They do not replace the things that you suggest, and with which I agree; they should be additive to those things.

What a load of garbage. Unless its escaped your notice most of the support for extremist parties comes from those areas, wereas the 2 most vocal advocates for a multi-culti britain live in Prague and Australia.

There seems to be a MASSIVE gap between what you are advocating and all available evidence.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What a load of garbage. Unless its escaped your notice most of the support for extremist parties comes from those areas, wereas the 2 most vocal advocates for a multi-culti britain live in Prague and Australia.

There seems to be a MASSIVE gap between what you are advocating and all available evidence.

If there's a massive gap, perhaps you would like to provide some justification for your statement. In other words, what is the "available evidence" you are suggesting.?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Excellent stuff, the fact that you are blind to your own prejudice is delicious.

Following on from yesterday, the good news is that we can now neatly define this condescending attitude for what it is..........."Thornburyism"........or pulling a "Thornbury".

Thanks Emily.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The thing that annoys me the most in all of this is that the majority of readers of that article will take this in, never think to look at the details and spout the same crap elsewhere. It's a really poisonous situation.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
To be fair, I mark Switzerland down for being too white.

....but not whiter than white!
( Oblique reference to the Swiss being the safe haven for every bit of ill-gotten gain or dirty money since anyone can remember. )
They can stick their neutrality up their furtive, conniving and corrupt arses.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The thing that annoys me the most in all of this is that the majority of readers of that article will take this in, never think to look at the details and spout the same crap elsewhere. It's a really poisonous situation.

Annoys you !!!

Most of this discussion was prompted my the OP which he himself intimated that the report had said that the school might have lacked a more multicultural and diverse experience.

Most of the debate currently is that some, you included, agree with that position irrespective of what what was in this report.

So lets be clear, you are not annoyed at the interpretation of this report more-so annoyed that some think any suggestion that we must 'teach' a succeeding school and it's pupils to somehow visit and be taught the virtues of multiculturalism and without this it will harm these predominately white middle class children future prospects.

Utter rubbish .......

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Annoys you !!!

Most of this discussion was prompted my the OP which he himself intimated that the report had said that the school might have lacked a more multicultural and diverse experience.

Most of the debate currently is that some, you included, agree with that position irrespective of what what was in this report.

So lets be clear, you are not annoyed at the interpretation of this report more-so annoyed that some think any suggestion that we must 'teach' a succeeding school and it's pupils to somehow visit and be taught the virtues of multiculturalism and without this it will harm these predominately white middle class children future prospects.

Utter rubbish .......

Thanks for trying to tell me how I think. But you're wrong. I am 100% taking issue with the misleading article title.

The media play a huge part in people's attitudes and opinions and trying to force a sense of outrage from what boils down to a non-issue can be a dangerous thing. "Not white enough!!!!? those bloody immigrants, pc gone mad blah blah blah". That's what it feels like this article wants to create. It's unfounded in this case. There is nothing to be angry at.

Teaching multiculturalism is a good thing. Ofstead should encourage it. What part of that is rubbish?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thanks for trying to tell me how I think. But you're wrong. I am 100% taking issue with the misleading article title.

The media play a huge part in people's attitudes and opinions and trying to force a sense of outrage from what boils down to a non-issue can be a dangerous thing. "Not white enough!!!!? those bloody immigrants, pc gone mad blah blah blah". That's what it feels like this article wants to create. It's unfounded in this case. There is nothing to be angry at.

Teaching multiculturalism is a good thing. Ofstead should encourage it. What part of that is rubbish?

Teaching about different cultures seem a decent enough thing to teach, multiculturalism is a political agenda, how do you teach that ??

We were originally told that multiculturalism is an aspiration only to be now told that it has failed, how and what do you teach now ??

There isnt a definite answer so the teaching will be skewed, what do you actually teach about multiculturalism, that it is either great or perhaps broken, let our children be taught tolerance, respect, empathy, preferably within non/low religious environment, it is neither vague or politically driven and for me it is likely to deliver better results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here