Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincoln line up Romanian signing

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Sorry nothing to do with us just thought it was a funny story:

Lincoln City manager Peter Jackson is looking at signing Romanian striker Adrian Patulea after he scored a hat-trick in a pre-season match.

Patulea, who has played in Romania and Dubai, scored a second-half hat-trick in the 6-0 win over Lincoln United.

Jackson told the Imps website: "Adrian is contracted to a club in Romania so we're talking to the FA to see if we can get in touch with his club.

"We may have to look at signing him on loan but it all depends on his club."

Petulea, whose career started with Rapid Bucherest, begged Jackson for a trial. I want to thank Peter Jackson - he is a wonderful man he believes in me

Lincoln trialist Adrian Patulea

"He was spotted by the groundsman running around the training ground with his girlfriend on his back," said Jackson.

"The trouble is his girlfriend was naked, which got the attention of the players."

Petulea, whose brother lives in Lincoln, told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "I want to thank Peter Jackson - he is a wonderful man he believes in me.

"It's very good for me I give three goals but I could score more - I want to be the best."

The Imps' other goalscorers were David Graham, Gary King and another trialist Sam Mullarkey.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
why arent we signing players using this method?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There are many ways to attract the attention of a football club, that must rank as the most bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here