Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincoln City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Absolutely this. We should have beaten them and instead we got stuffed. Fair play to Lincoln, wanted it more and
CH should be reading the riot act. Feel very let down albeit I hope Lincoln go even further now.

This. Those 3 goals and 2nd half performance was simply embarrassing.

PG

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You really are the biggest tool on this forum by a long way. Why don't you just leave and never come back?

Ignore him just think what a horrible season he has had. Today was an almost perfect day for him just let down by the fact that Stockdale wasn't playing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am absolutely loving that line up!

Great opportunity to see, Maenpaa, Adekugbe and Towell again.

Nice to get a first look at Tomori.

Good game time for BFG & Goldson (at his proper position)

Very strong elsewhere.

I can't see a single thing not to like about that starting 11 for this game. :clap:

Oh dear

So much is being made about our back four today, and they were obviously shockingly bad. But they are not our starting back four, they are there to fill gaps when we get injuries. If they were, we would be sitting mid table right now.
The midfield and forwards however have no excuse for their dreadful performance. They are all first team regulars (excluding Towell), and they should be strong enough to put enough pressure on the opposition to take the pressure off of our back four.
What disappoints me the most about the loss, is the lack of desire. The desire to win, and the desire to force the manager to consider adding those that normally warm the bench to be considered for the starting eleven. Hughton will not be happy with that!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

You naughty so & so!

I was hoping that was going to remain buried :blush:

It's not as if even one of that starting 11 had a decent game. Woeful to a man (Maenpaa excused).

Oh dear indeed! :facepalm:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I just don't accept this "better off out the cup" nonsense.
Winning games is a habit and maintaining momentum is key.
Successful teams play more games than unsuccessful teams therefore we should want and expect to play more.
Injuries should not really come into it much. Maenpaa got injured today in an unfortunate incident. But it wasn't because he has been playing too many games.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
That's the worrying bit-not many. Although maybe they could if the game meant something?

I guess so. Ideally, they'd get opportunities one or two at a time in a settled side. The difficulty for CH of course is that he needs to keep the seniors fresh and put out his strongest XI week in week out in a tough league. So has little option but to give youngsters, fringe players and those returning from injury a run in a cup game against lower league opposition. I believe though that, had Maenpa stayed on, at worst, that game ends in a draw. Instead you have an inexperienced defence in front of a keeper that's not been near the first team all season. And the wheels came off.

CH isn't the first manager to come unstuck in this competition playing a weakened side against 'inferior' opposition and won't be the last.

It's Liverpool supporters that'll be rending their garments made of shells this evening:flounce:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I don't think any of our back four have looked okay today. All had a shocker really, although to be fair so have the rest of the team.

Oh well, distraction over. Not the end of the world.

Correct answer well done Lincoln you deserved the win I hope you get a fantastic draw and a massive payday for the Albion well we have other things to chase

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd like to think that those who went may be getting some vouchers for the shop :)

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I just don't accept this "better off out the cup" nonsense.
Winning games is a habit and maintaining momentum is key.
Successful teams play more games than unsuccessful teams therefore we should want and expect to play more.
Injuries should not really come into it much. Maenpaa got injured today in an unfortunate incident. But it wasn't because he has been playing too many games.

At one level, I agree with you. Winning today would have given the reserves another serious outing, but it sort of stops there. Our squad is simply not big enough to risk further injuries. It is not merely the amount of games but the risk that a key player is injured by a clogger or just bad luck in a game that would worry me. Would you feel the same had Maenpaa received a yellow and Murray walked off hurt?

TBH, the FA cup has lost its lustre for top Championship teams because the prize is so much less than promotion. Stattos prove me wrong, but I can't recall a top two Championship side (even a top 6) getting far in the the FA cup for some time. The risk of injury and the penalty of fixture pile up is too great. It will be thus until and when the Championship is reduced to a level where more free weekends can be devoted to FAC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd like to think that those who went may be getting some vouchers for the shop :)

I didn't when we got knocked out 3-1 by Lincoln before.

What is is with fans thinking they should be compensated for losing a game. Man up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here