Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincoln City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Some aren't boik. Not worried about the 2 young fullbacks but the centre backs have been crap and Skalak and Norwood are just reinforcing what I have been thinking for a while now. ( I do think There is a player in Norwood somewhere though)

Awaits reply from stat brother .......... you can not criticise any Albion player at anytime! Especially his Jiri!

Pump3ster

Dec 15, 2014
Hunemeier looked rattled by physicality of Lincoln, full backs looked way out of their depth all afternoon.

Hopefully we don't see many of those being forced into big games towards the business end of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poor performance but a good result.

In the context of this season, how far do we want to go in this competition? So far as I am concerned we have already gone one round too far.

Back-up keeper to Stockdale injured and Murray collects another yellow. Glad and relieved that we are out of the cup. Had we won and drawn a 'big' club in the 5th round the pressure would have on Hughton to select a good number of first team players which is exactly what we don't need. No doubt the BBC will delight in the number of 'shocks' this weekend - but were they really shocks? Most of the cup sides dumped out by lower league opposition are unrecognisable from the sides that would start league matches.

Good luck Lincoln and I hope they get a cracking draw in the 5th round.

Good post. Murray is ok as it's only his 4th yellow.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Can't help but think if that had been at home we would've won comfortably. Pitch looked horrible to deal with, couldn't get the ball down and it is a very small cramped pitch up there. That said we did actually give them all three goals... maybe we really did try to lose.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Need a striker come wide player come attacking midfielder before the end of the window.

An Injury to March, Murphy, Hemed, Murray. Or further injury to Baldock. And we're slightly Fecked.

Bruno, Rosenior and Baldock can't come back soon enough.

Worried if we get any injury or suspension to Duffy, Dunk, Pocognoli or Bong.

I agree with some on here, it's just not good enough for our fans who made the journey to Lincoln. Shocking result, and a dreadful display by a second string back four and keeper.

But just imagine being a Lincoln fan today? What a result for them. It's as big as us beating Chelsea 3-1. So let them have their moment. Good luck to them. They deserve their moment of glory. Long may it continue for them.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Many people think Skalak is Premier league quality :facepalm:

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Makeshift defence. All started going sour when Maenpa went off injured.

Still a very poor result but an insight for CH into which players can step up.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Shocking performance, completely unacceptable by some. I wasn't really bothered if I'm honest but the players should have been. We need a new winger in by the looks of it as Skalak has been woeful for months now

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Lincoln. They wanted it more.

This is what concerns me, do our boys not want to be part of the exciting run in??? Perhaps they want to sit on the bench watching, or worse still they do not believe Chris will play them even if they do have a cracker.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Win on Thursday and all will be forgotten .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Poor performance but a good result.

In the context of this season, how far do we want to go in this competition? So far as I am concerned we have already gone one round too far.

Back-up keeper to Stockdale injured and Murray collects another yellow. Glad and relieved that we are out of the cup. Had we won and drawn a 'big' club in the 5th round the pressure would have on Hughton to select a good number of first team players which is exactly what we don't need. No doubt the BBC will delight in the number of 'shocks' this weekend - but were they really shocks? Most of the cup sides dumped out by lower league opposition are unrecognisable from the sides that would start league matches.

Good luck Lincoln and I hope they get a cracking draw in the 5th round.

totally agree, the commentators on that stream were clueless. Casper Ankergren the clubs number 2 getting his chance! A couple of regular starters, whole back 4 of second/third choices , 2nd then 3rd choice keeper, a debatable pen, a ridiculous OG, then a bad mistake by UH gifting a third.

Lincoln did play better, and good luck to em, but this was not the team that sits atop the championship as much as the commentators tried to big that up ("the team that went 18 unbeaten is going down to non league Lincoln city") er no it aint, and this season, I really couldn't really care less about the FA cup. Roll on Huddersfield and recalling the first 11.

The worst result of the day was not a Cincil bank but at the Madjeski.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Att: 9,469

I dunno what to say.
I think we were complacent after dominating the first half. Typical way to get knocked out.

Stream crashed just before the penalty*. But came back again for the own goal. (*missed the injury: what happened?)

Danny Cowley
did something about the Lincoln tactics at HT and CH did not respond quickly enough?

Spoilt watching football on TV tonight. What annoyed me was we threw the game away. I tend not to forget it when this happens.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here