Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
24th is a GTR ASLEF strike day

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
24th is a GTR ASLEF strike day
Indeed. The club would have to go large on buses and extra park and ride.

And any date further forward is at risk of the same anyway.

At least Sky Bet is providing transport for the Cardiff fans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Noted, I'm sure, but if we need to avoid all the days with a shit train service, we have a real problem.

Agreed, they really can't plan for that. They could pick a different date and still find on the day that the service is shit.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Has to be the 24th really doesn't it? Not gonna play it on 31st as Huddersfield on the Thursday. Not gonna play it on the 7/8th as that's a potential 4th round replay (unless they wanted to re-arrange again should there be a replay). 14th is Ipswich at home. Only other date would be 21st Feb I think?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Really hope it's not 24th for work reasons. Still pissed off about Valentines night one too, surely should be moved to a different day?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Really hope it's not 24th for work reasons. Still pissed off about Valentines night one too, surely should be moved to a different day?

Why wait for Valentines to treat the missus ? Valentines Day is just another meaningless Clinton Cards-driven con. The restaurants are an overcrowded rip-off, and you can't go 5 minutes without some basket-wielding DINLOW bothering you at your table while they hawk their scraggy wilted overpriced roses around, trying to GUILT you into buying one.

Take your doris out for a nice nosh on another night. Valentines is a perfectly acceptable night to attend soccerball.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Why wait for Valentines to treat the missus ? Valentines Day is just another meaningless Clinton Cards-driven con. The restaurants are an overcrowded rip-off, and you can't go 5 minutes without some basket-wielding DINLOW bothering you at your table while they hawk their scraggy wilted overpriced roses around, trying to GUILT you into buying one.

Take your doris out for a nice nosh on another night. Valentines is a perfectly acceptable night to attend soccerball.

Agree with you re restaurants, I wouldn't take her out to a restaurant on Valentines day as they are generally awful. Her being a restaurant manager, knows how awful they can be, there is no atmosphere due to there being no big groups, service is poor and food overpriced. I can generally cook better than a lot of restaurants anyway (on a small scale!) so that's what I tend to do.

Also agree that it's a made up load of bollocks.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The Albion seem to often play on Valentine's day. It's annoying.

Yep, first and last game my Mrs went to, 14th Feb 1995. Bristol Rovers at home and we lost 2-1. 5, 300 crowd incl lots of similarly uncomfortable couples. She hated it, I hated it! Mind you job was a good'n for ever since!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Really hope it's not 24th for work reasons.Still pissed off about Valentines night one too, surely should be moved to a different day?

And this was the game you really wanted fogg-ed off because you couldn't make in the 1st place.

The albion really need to consult your calendar when scheduling games [emoji38]ol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Why ?

I am looking forward to taking my wife up the Amex

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

While I agree that Valentine's day is a load of nonsense, it predates Clinton Cards by several hundred years. According to Wikipedia, it first became associated with romantic love in the time of Chaucer.

While I agree that Valentine's day is a load of nonsense, it predates Clinton Cards by several hundred years. According to Wikipedia, it first became associated with romantic love in the time of Chaucer.

Is that the same Chaucer who wrote poems about farting in the face of love rivals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here